Friday, August 06, 2010

August already?!

Welcome to the month of August...okay so six days later! I go back to work Thursday, but I have been working in my room off and on this week. I think the first day I was up there for about 45 minutes when I decided I really just didn't want to be there then so I came back home. I have stayed longer and longer each time. I haven't decided if I am going to go up there today or not.

I have to have it ready by Wed Aug 18th for the Community Open House. The school district has invited the community to tour all of the campuses completed building projects. I like the layout I have right now, but I will have to wait and see if it is going to work like I have it pictured in my head. This year I have 2 students in my room all day, 4 students that are in there except for PE and Music, and then 1 student goes from resource to me for 1/2 day... so 7 students to start out the year. I find myself excited about the start of a new school year and then I find myself wishing I had a couple more weeks or even just a week.

Other than working in my room, I haven't been up to much. Shawn and I had an overnight trip in OKC. It was quick, but well worth it! We went to the Lakeshore Learning store (came across some major sale!), the water park, and then spent the evening walking around Bricktown. The next day we went to Frontier City and then home. Like I said it was quick, but it was soo packed full of fun, laughter, and just an awesomely great time.

Shawn has been at Swat school all week and every evening he comes in with a new bruise, scratch, or soreness, and yet he keeps going back lol. He really has been enjoying it and I can't complain. They are cutting back on overtime so Saturday he has the day off! We will have the girls and we have plans with my mom or parents in the morning and then lunch plans with Shawn's parents. To end summer on a good note, Tuesday we are taking the girls to Splash. They haven't been and they are super excited. They have worked hard on their behavior and keeping the bedroom cleaned up before they go home, so they deserve it.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: