Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A Wonderful First Christmas

Christmas for Shawn and I started last Tuesday Night where we had Christmas over at Nanny's with Nanny and PawPaw otherwise known as Liz and Don, LaZane, Steve, Alisha, Justin, Bubba (Justin Jr.), Josh, Emily and Stephen. Nanny made really good finger foods to munch on and then we exchanged gifts with everyone. We both had a blast and loved everything we received.

On Christmas Eve Shawn and I were lazy and just laid around the house watching TV. We watched the black and white version of the Miracle on 34th Street. I love that movie. Later that afternoon we went over to my mom and dad's house where we ate and then opened gifts. Then we played one of my Christmas presents which was Conga Cranium. It is an awesome game to play. Shawn won both times.

Shawn and I had an awesome Christmas Day. That morning we called his parents to wish them A Merry Christmas and had them open the gift we got them, while we were on the phone. It was kind of funny because Shawn and I had the phone in between both of our ears so we could hear them. We sent them breakfast stuff since we were not able to be with them. They loved it. We spent the majority of the day over at my mom and dad's house. Shawn's Grandma Mary joined us for a fantastic Christmas dinner prepared by my mom. Then after dinner we played Disney Scene It with my parents and Meghan. Okay....... So I was tired from all the great food and I didn't want to play so I was the DVD Master while all of them played. It was still fun watching them. We played that game, I don't know how many times. When we were through playing, Shawn and I took his Grandma home. Then we headed over to his cousin Stephen's house to have dinner with them and the rest of the bunch. I also got to meet Emily's parents for the first time. They are really nice people. After we ate dinner some of us played spades others watched the football game that was on.

Our first Christmas was really great and one to remember. One thing I will never forget about our first Christmas is our Florida Style Christmas Tree (Palm Tree). It really does look awesome in our apartment. I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and took the time to remember the reason for the Season. And thanks to everyone for such great gifts.

That's all for now!!

1 comment:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

So glad to hear that you had a Merry Christmas! Love you both!