Wednesday, February 28, 2007

another sunny day

Before the cold front comes through again! At least it stayed more than one day this time. Speaking of cold, I have a cold. I kept coughing all night last night. I only hope that it will be gone by next week at this time.

Oh I have a funny story to tell. In case you didn't know we have one nosey neighbor. She lives behind us. 2 sides of our fence is 6ft and the third side is 4ft, which hopefully since the back part of our fence blew down on Saturday, the landlord will just replace the fence. Shawn fixed it somewhat to keep the dogs in, but it all just needs to be replaced. Anyway, this lady is always starring out her window, turning on her back porch light, or just staring out her back door. Most people that have been to our house has witnessed her spying ways and trying to see what we are up too. For example this last Friday, Shawn was out side grilling the hamburgers and hot dogs and she kept doing it. If our back light (motion censored) goes on she is up. There have been times I have gotten up at 3 or 4 am to let the dogs out and she is looking through her window.
Anyway I went to check out prices at the tanning place here in town the other day and pay rent for march. Which is next door to the tanning place. Well the lady behind the counter at the tanning salon goes I know you, I just kind of looked at her, and she says, "You live right behind me." I said I do? and She said, "Yea weren't y'all having a party this last Friday?" I said yes, we had a small get together at my house then she says, "Well it would have been nice if you invited me." My reaction in my head? Excuse me lady, I don't even know your name. The day I went to take out the trash and you were starring at me, when I started to walk towards your back fence to introduce myself, you took off running into your house only to shut your backdoor and pull down your blinds.

Anyway, I just said that it was mainly family and close friends and left.
I went next door and paid rent, not only to find out that my landlord owns the tanning place (which got me a discount),but that this neighbor comes in every day to tell her something. Nice to know that Shawn and Is' life and our dogs are so interesting. So this morning Shawn and I are outside playing with the dogs and she comes outside and stands at her back gate. Shawn goes into the garage to get a Frisbee and she says is he going to poop scoop because I have poop outside my fence that needs to be picked up. I said no he is getting a Frisbee. She said well the next time you poop scoop you need to come over here. I am guessing, Friday she saw two neighborhood boys poop scooping our backyard. They come every two to three weeks. I asked, "Did our dogs do it?" and her reply was, "No but I need it gone, then she turned and walked into her house."

Shawn refuses to, he said it would be different if she wasn't so rude and nosey. I am not sure if a 6 ft fence on that side will help though because of the way our porches are angled. Anyway, not much we can do though, well besides move, but I don't really feel threatened by her.

There have been a lot of suicides here lately and they are all people above 50. Ever since that one right after Christmas there has been one or two every two weeks. This one lady did it at work. Shawn had the chance to go to her autopsy today, but since he will be in court all day tomorrow, they told him he will get the next one, so he will at least have one day off this week, plus I am thinking they didn't want to pay that much over time.

Anyway, Shawn is fixing Chicken Fajitas for lunch and they are almost done so I better get off here.

1 comment:

OMH said...

Cute signs! Yummmm Fajitas (been thinking about fixing them for camping - good to kmnow Shawn knows how!)

I hate nosey neighbors! Next party you have you should invite her and introduce her to all your friends by saying "You know her she's the one always looking out her back window at us! I was wrong she isn't a spy - heheheh" and watch how fast she goes home.