Remember when I mentioned that Shawn's sister was here? These are a few highlights (okay what I can remember) and pictures from their visit and our trip last weekend (11-13).
Britt and her kids stayed with us Sunday and Monday night and left Tuesday evening to finish their week long visit in Amarillo.
Monday, we went to the water park. Once again, I didn't take pictures. I think everyone had a blast, even Miss Kailey. Monday evening, we took them to Plum Creek, to show them where we go paintballing and the trail we like to walk. On the way, we stopped at The Burger for dinner. I got a few pictures before our food arrived.
Shawn, AC, and Trace
I told them if they took a "serious" picture for me then
they could do a "funny face" picture.
We arrived at Plum Creek only to realize that we forgot bug spray. We walked the beginning part of the trail before the long grass and the bugs became to much. The boys led the way. It was cute, AC would stop to scratch his legs, Trace would run into the back of him, stop and scratch his legs, and then Andrew would run into the back of Trace, and scratch his legs too. The boys weren't ready to go, but the bugs were biting and the clouds were building. Next time, we will have to remember to wear pants and bring the bug spray!
On the way back to town, the rain started coming down. We got into town and Shawn showed them the different parts of town and the area we would like to eventually buy a house in. Andrew, Kailey, and Trace were asleep when we arrived home. Andrew and Kailey went to bed. Shawn, AC, and Trace got out the K'nex and started building. Britt and I headed to wallyworld.
When we got home (after midnight), the boys and Shawn were finishing up their creation of the night. They made several different things every day. Here they are before Britt sent them to bed (Uncle Shawn couldn't send his nephews to bed :) )
Tuesday, was pretty much a lazy day for the adults and a play day for the kids. It rained off and on all day. Britt and I worked on our Pogo off and on all day. We ate dinner at Braums and then we headed home and they headed for Amarillo. It was too quiet when we got home.
Friday (7-11) morning, Shawn and I left for Amarillo to drive/ride with Britt to see there new home. We got out of town later than we would have liked, but in the end we made great timing, and arrived in McKinney safely.
Friday night, everyone except Jermey (I think he was working) had dinner at On the Border. Very yummy! We had an awesome waitress. That is all I really remember about Friday. Oh ya, the house is beautiful, except the wallpaper (it must come down :)).
Saturday morning we got ready to head to Winnsboro to visit Shawn's Grandma Mary and his Aunt Janice. By the time we left, it was lunch time already,but really what do you expect when there are 13 people to get out the door.
After a quick stop at walmart (for me), we went to Jack In The Box for lunch. Um ya... so if my in-laws decide to take you there for lunch, say "NO!" or be ready for a nasty, dirty, rude employed, wait 30 minutes, establishment. No seriously, the last two times I have been, were with them and it wasn't the same one (the other one was in Austin). My food was good, but others in the group didn't have such great luck with their food. The service and the cleanliness was so bad, that I called the 1800 number to complain. They are suppose to be sending me stuff. Anyway, after that we got back on the road and arrived at Janice's. This was Grandma's and I think Janice's (but I may be wrong) meeting Britt's youngest two. The kids had fun playing with the puppies and outside on the swing. After visiting for a while, Janice took us to her Book Store. She gave us each a book and then Twila was nice and bought a book. (She was making up for lunch j/k) I love my books :) We went back to Janice's, visited for a while, and then headed back to their house. We had pizza for dinner and after the kids were down we played Fact or Crap and Imagine If. The following are pictures from Saturday...
Of course, this me, grabbing my camera, before we left.
Grandma Mary, Randy, Brittney, and Kailey
I saw them outside on the swing and asked them for a picture, they were sweet and smiled.
AC, Trace, Rylee, and Jakob
Of course it was followed by a funny face
Shawn and Kailey
Sunday morning, I got to take a bath in Twila's bathtub. I loved it! Definitely a must have, when Shawn and I are looking to buy a house. She made breakfast, and then everyone finished or started getting ready for the day. Then after a long never seemed to end discussion (j/k) it just seems to take forever for so many different people to make up their minds (including me), we decided to go to the mall. Nyki's family met us there. I found a great birthday gift for my dad.
For a late lunch/ early supper we went to Black-eyed Pea. This is my first time going there, that I remember. Great food and nice atmosphere... nothing like Jack in the Box (hahaha). It was great ending to a wonderful weekend. After that it was goodbyes and Twila and Randy drove us to the airport. We had a pit stop at Starbucks, saw some goofy outfits that people shouldn't wear, and visited. They dropped us off at the airport only for us to get through security to find out we had almost 2 hours till our flight, so they turned around, and came back. It was nice to get some extra visit time.
AC, Trace, and Andrew showing us their bikes
All 14 of us
Shawn loves that they live closer and I can't complain :).
Sorry this took so long to post...I have just been exhausted and finally unloaded the pictures.
Random things...
I haven't had a carbonated drink in a week. Funny thing is the last time I had caffeine was last Sunday and I have yet (Praise God!) to get a caffeine headache.
I still don't have all my links up, I thought I had all in my favorites, but I found out I didn't. I will probably be changing the design again soon. This one works for now...but I can't say it is one of my favorites. The header and buttons are premade. I used the Modish Girl kit to make the background. I just can't make up my mind!!
Have a great week!




2 comments:
Great update! I like the new layout. I also like the fact that the links show when last updated.
Hey I promise not to take you to Jack in the Box again when you come back to help me get rid of that LOVELY wallpaper.hehehehe
The funny face pic of the boys is cute! Ha, ha! : )
Post a Comment