Summer is passing by quickly! It really doesn't bother me for now...but I have a feeling after the school year starts, it might! As far as things go on the house...my kitchen is finished. Now I am slowly working on the Back Bedroom/Laundry room. Shawn and I got a small storage unit because our garage is pretty much useless to store stuff in. The roof leaks really bad and it is just run down. Our landlord, just wants to tear it down and plans to once we move out. The Back Bedroom became the catch all plus storage for all the seasonal stuff, so having the storage unit helped that out a lot!!!!
This week I have been working in my classroom a lot and doing some "research" type stuff so I can be prepared when school starts. I completely rearranged the classroom from what it was when we first moved over to that school. My only big problem is finding a place(s) for storage. I have 3 small bookcases with 3 shelves on each that I am using in the reading area, center/jobs, and the kitchen area. Then I have one big white one with 5 shelves that I am using in my area. I have part of the bathroom to use, but that is pretty much it. There is no closet. So if you have any ideas or neat tricks let me know! Hopefully we will be moving in to our new classroom around Christmas Break. While working in my classroom, I have been writing down all of my questions, thoughts, and other ideas. My question list was getting a little long so I emailed the school's Special Ed Director and set up a meeting. I met with her this morning and got all of my questions answered! :) I also found out two additional things... I will be making even more than I thought and that I can begin ordering all of the stuff on my big list!
Friday, Shawn and I leave to go camping. M'Kambrie is going with us and we will meet Meghan and LaDez there. Their camping starts tomorrow! I hope it is a fun and relaxing weekend for all. Shawn just worked 8 nights straight. Yesterday was his day off and he is back to work tonight.
Monday morning, I leave for an Assistive Technology Conference in the Dallas area. I will be gone until Thursday evening. As soon as Shawn finishes his summer class (two weeks to go) he will have his Associates Degree in Criminal Justice! I am so proud of him! :) I was thinking about doing a small little dinner for him or something to celebrate!
2 comments:
Definitley felt like I was reading my own prfile. I am a first grade teacher, my husband has a degree in criminal justics, about to be hired on as a cop, and we have a chocolate lab...Coincedence...I think not! Ha! So glad to see you on my blog! Have a great day!
Police Wives Inc would love if you could possibly add our link to your blog... We have you listed as an LEO Wife Blog on our website, which you can find at PoliceWives.org. THANKS!
Post a Comment