The AT conference was great! I learned a lot and also realized that I have a lot to do before school starts! There were six of us that went, teacher for the Visually Impaired, PPCD teacher, Life Skills-2 teacher, Junior High Life Skills teacher, and the Highschool Life Skills teacher. Not sure if I had blogged about it, but last week at my meeting, I asked about my title because certain things weren't sounding right. I am the Life Skills 1 teacher (k-2). They had one before and then some things happened so the PPCD teacher(s) taught both. Lets just say it was a confusing situation. Anyway, It was nice to get to know the junior high and high school life skills teachers better. I think we all formed a bond and I hope it stays. The high school teacher has a family member that works for the Texas Rangers and got us free tickets sitting behind home plate for Wednesday night's game. Even though the Rangers lost, I still had a fabulous time! I was exhausted by the time I got home last night.
We got word from a friend yesterday that once again our landlord is wanting to put up 4 of her rent houses for sale. After hearing that Shawn went to see her and find out what was going on. She told Shawn she wasn't sure about ours but if they offered her the right price then she would sell it. I am hoping that if she decides to sell that it will be after my first paycheck in September. I think we will start looking then anyway for another place because I don't want to go through this again when she decides to sell other rent houses. It is just a little frustrating, but I am not panicking. Like I said before, I just hope if anything happens it is after September.
I have used today to catch up on my sleep! Tonight is laundry and cleaning and tomorrow I will be doing what ever doesn't get done tonight and probably spend the day making a list of stuff that I need to get done next week. I hope that the list will help make things not seem so over whelming. Well laundry is calling my name!
Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
Tasha,
I'm so happy you are so happy about heading into the classroom! Children are blessed by gals just like you! : )
I'm praying for God's will in your house situation and that if it sells, it will be after school gets underway. I can imagine you are playing the "what if" game having to wait and see what happens.
Have a great rest of the summer!
Love,
Jessica
I have come to 1 conclusion: we MUST find a laundry fairy who is willing to tackle the piles we all have laying around! :)
Glad you had fun! I was getting a little worried about where you had been! Have fun decorating the class. That is all I have been doing!
Post a Comment