Monday, July 12, 2010

Back in the blogging world!

It's never too late to update is it? I really didn't think I had that many blog readers, but my recent trip to Iowa has proven me wrong! I will try and start updating regularly! For now I will start with the things off the top of my head:
  • I survived my first year of teaching and I still love it.
  • I chopped off my hair at the end of May. I love it!
  • Our camera started messing up in May (hints no pictures)
  • I taught summer school and had students from 3 yrs old to 21. It was a great learning experience.
  • We were able to spend some time with Shawn's family. His sis Britt and her family along with his parents were up for a few days. They were all able to see our new place.
  • Shawn is getting ready to go to a SWAT school the beginning of August.
  • I have a workshop to attend in two weeks.
  • We are looking at a quick get away trip at the end of the month.
  • The day summer school ended my sis and I left for Iowa. It was a much needed vacation and I enjoyed just about every minute of it. I was so happy to see Shawn Saturday night.
  • I learned that even though I like SoBe 0 Calorie Life Water it isn't good to drink 4 bottles of it on the 14hr drive home. My body was soo restless Saturday night, but my mind was wide awake until 4 AM. It also could have been the late nights on vacation.
  • I stayed in my jammies on Sunday and had a lazy day. I caught up on my favorite summer shows (Design Star, The Next Food Network Star, Big Brother, Army Wives, and Top Chef)
  • Today we spent the day together playing a few games on the Wii, a trip to Walmart, and then Shawn went to class. Kristen brought the girls over around 8:30. I gave them baths and put them to bed. I felt bad that they didn't have much time to play tonight, but we have to get up early and head to Amarillo to finish getting Shawn's stuff in order so he can start his classes at Wayland in the fall.

So really other than work and my recent trip, we haven't been up to much. My goal for the rest of the summer is to make some task boxes for my classroom. I ordered some of these during the school year, but I am needing a few more and the next step up is a little above what my current students will need. We will see how that goes.

No comments: