Shawn got a promotion!!! He is now a Sergeant at work and I think his favorite part is the new SUV he is driving now! lol j/k He officially started last Wednesday. The downside is it put him back on nights, but such is life with his job.
I don't know if you remember this post , but let's just say things with that para never turned around and it has been an on going issue all year, that is until a couple of weeks ago. They finally let her go. I didn't realize how much stress it put on me until after I was told she wouldn't be coming back. When I was walking from the office back down to my classroom it just felt like a ton of bricks were lifted off my chest and I could breathe. I could now concentrate on just my students. Everything I planned or did it was like I would have to have a plan for that para as well. I don't even know how to explain it. The following Thursday a new para was hired. She had been in and out of my classroom subbing and was going to be my sub while I was on maternity leave. They offered the job to her and she took it! I can't even begin to describe the changes that have happened over the past two weeks. It is so nice to go into work and do what I love to do with out being worried that something terrible is going to happen when I leave the room. Now I am just waiting to see who will come in during my maternity leave, but not worried because I know that my class has two people that respect me and want to see the kids succeed as much as I do.
So that is our life with work as of lately.
As far as on the home front my dad, Shawn, and Ryan got Bently's room all painted. I will post pictures one of the these days! :) The furniture is in the room and the bedding is ordered. My shower is about a month away. People keep telling us to wait until after the baby shower(s) before purchasing much more. Sometimes it feels like we have to sit on our hands lol, but we are waiting for the most part.
No comments:
Post a Comment