Thursday, May 12, 2005

Thunderstorms finally

So I have been waiting all spring for thunderstorms to come our way. Finally it happened tonight, go figure it happened during my sister's program. When we went in to watch her, it had just started hailing, and when we came out the sun was shining. We have had severe weather all around us the past couple of days. I think there were a few tornadoes that have touched down around Lubbock and other parts of the Texas panhandle this afternoon on in to tonight. You know what I just realized though, there was no loud thunder! That is what I really love about thunderstorms and the lightning shows.
Anyway, today has been a so so day. One of my friends is going through a really tough time in her marriage. I really couldn't imagine going through everything she is going through. I am not going to get in to the details about it, but if you could just pray for her and pray that her husband finds his brains and I am going to stop right there, before I get myself in to trouble. It is just a horrible crazy-azy. Like I said before I couldn't imagine and I think she is taking things a lot better than I would. But at the same time, I probably will not know unless I was in that situation, and I pray to God, I never am. I know this may sound stupid, but I did learn something well I already knew it but it just reassured it I guess, I am blessed to have married such a wonderful man, we may have our differences sometimes, but who doesn't you know? No two people are ever alike, and sometimes that can be the fun of it all. If that makes any kind of since at all. So then I spent part of the afternoon at her house helping her pack up some things and talking to her and just being there and doing what I could. I know sometimes, that just having some one there makes all the difference, so hopefully I helped a little bit. Then I came home around 6ish and in the mail I received a wedding invitation from a friend that worked in the same department as me when I first started AIG. I am excited that she is finally getting married. They have been together for a while, infact I didn't realize she wasn't married until a few months before I stopped working at AIG. I hope and pray that everything continues to work out for them and every other married couple.
I really do not know much about divorce. I mean I hear about it and I see the damage it does to every person involved. But I am lucky to say that I do not have first hand experience with it. I hopefully never will. I always thought it was weird, because at school or work I was always one of the few whose parents are still together and still going strong. I couldn't imagine my life with my parents being separated and I thankful I did not have to experience that. Part of me thinks the reason the divorce rates are so high now is because society wants the easy way out of things. I understand some reasoning like infidelity and abusive relationships and a few others, but because it gets to hard, I don't understand that. I think that married couples should say there vows to each other like every couple of months or at least once a year. That may sound stupid, but at the same time it is reminder of what you vowed. Well any way, I should get off my soap box. My head is killing me, I am exhausted, and I am having a hard time organizing my thoughts and you can probably tell that. Sorry if this is confusing to read.

Good Night All

1 comment:

OMH said...

Amen! Marriage like anything worth having takes work! Sometime you may reach a point where you say it's too much work - but that's when you should work harder and I have found in the 25+ years that it's after that time that I'm even MORE IN LOVE WITH RANDY than ever before. Always remember marriage takes 3 - Husband, Wife & God to keep it strong. I love you both lots!