Friday, October 14, 2005

Its been a while

Okay so I know it has been a while! Sorry. We have just been extremely busy for the last couple of weeks. Shawn was going to post on Sunday about our new dog and the wt football game, but then he ended up digging in the back yard. I will explain that later. Last Friday night we got a new 5 month old lab. His papers have him as a yellow lab but he is more strawberry blonde. So we named him red. He is such a sweet dog too. Red and Minnie got a long great all weekend. I think she was happy just to have a playmate again. Minnie is now in or at obedience school however you want to say it. She started on Tuesday and we will go pick her up in about two weeks bring her home for a week and then go back for follow up training or something like that. Oh Shawn will post the first picture of Red sometime this weekend. Hmm… what else, oh Shawn is temporarily working for Pizza Hut right now as a delivery guy. Since home depot was on a hiring freeze when Shawn took his drug test and did a back ground check they were not able to put him in the computer. And in order for Shawn to do the last part of his training he needed to be in the computer. So last Friday he went and took another drug test and they sent in another back ground check. I would think they would be a little bit more organized. Last weekend Shawn and my dad discovered that there was for sure a leak in one of our pipes in the back yard, so Sunday afternoon they started digging to try and find it. Well while they were digging it started pouring down rain. So then they finished digging on Tuesday and they fixed it. It was a real muddy mess back there. Shawn took one of his first tests on Wednesday. He made a 92 on it and it was the third highest grade in the class. He said the class average was in the low 80’s. He really loves the police academy.
For some reason this week was not on my calendar and so the two term papers that were due on the 13, I had on my calendar as due next week on Thursday. But the funny thing was is that I was not the only one in my classes that had it down for next week. So anyway, I pulled I guess you could call it my first college all nighter. I started working on my papers at 6:30 when I got home from work and the only time I got up from the computer was to go to the bathroom and get a drink. I didn’t get done with my papers until 5:30 yesterday morning. Then I went to bed from 5:30 to 6:30 got up went to class at 8. Shawn even told me this morning he couldn’t believe I did that. I think the last time I did that was at church camp, but it was pulling pranks not typing up papers. Surprisingly though, once I made it past noon it wasn’t that bad, but I did come home and crash. I do not ever plan on doing that again. The scary part was that we had to produce electronic copies of it and at 5:30 in the morning the cd burner didn’t want to write it to the cd, but then finally it did. This weekend there isn’t much planned. Tonight is the girls sleep over at work. Fun fun, I will probably be up all night with them (but at least I get paid to be) and then on the 28th is the sleep over for the boys. I am observing today at PD from 10:30 to 2 and then next week I will be observing at Whittier Elementary on Monday and Wednesday. So I think that is pretty much it for now.

No comments: