Monday, October 03, 2005

WOW

Last week went by really fast! Lets see where shall I start? On Monday, Shawn found out that he got the job at home depot. He was switched the position he was going to do with another one. He is now working in the evenings and whatever he has to work on the weekends to make the week a 40 hr. week. I was glad about that even though it means less money. Shawn starts school tomorrow and that is pretty much what I have heard about all weekend. I am really glad that he is excited about it. We figured out last night that it really isn't a 6 month academy more like a 4 month because he starts in october rather than sept. and then they get out the second week in december and they don't go back until the end of Jan and then graduation is march 10th ( I think I just know it is on a Friday). That was pretty much it for the week. Oh ya, If you have a cool halloweenish craft that 4th and 5th graders could easily do, can you let me know? We are suppose to have at least 2 crafts a week for the kids to do and so far I have a total of 4 that I found on the internet. I went to micheals and hobby lobby but they didn't have much. Maybe even fall crafts. I am not that big in to halloween, but I did find this really cool bat thing that you make with your hands. I will try to put the link on here. I made the crafts they are doing this week, last week. Friday night, Shawn and I, went and seen "Just Like Heaven" that was a very funny and cute movie. On Saturday I had training for work from 8 to 4 and Shawn had to work. It was interesting and very fun for the most part. The last session I had was rather boring, but that is better than a whole day. The first and second session I went to were over love and logic teaching and parenting. It was really really really good. It was pretty much about helicopter parents and teachers and how that is actually bad because it is better for kids to pay the price now and learn rather than pay the price when the price is much bigger. http://www.loveandlogic.com/Pages/0401rules.html
http://www.loveandlogic.com/Pages/0401whatis.html
Saturday evening we went to bushland to watch the lil dons play against the herd and they won. It was a fun game to watch. Well that pretty much was our weekend.
The last thing I wanted to post was from today's devotion. Sometimes it is hard to see the transformation that is taking place here on earth. From time to time, we may still struggle with the old life. Don't let any of your old life lay around. Toss those old ways into the trash and spend time in your new room, a personal relationship with Christ. God says that we can be "confident that where He has begun a good work in you, He will perform it until the day of the Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6, NKJ)

Toodles~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
i just thought i'd let u know i updated my blog