It was a late night!!! Shawn couldn't get comfortable for anything and the Darvocet wore off about 1 am and the advil wasn't easing the pain. I think he finally dosed off around 2:30. But by that time I was so afraid to move and wake him up or hurt his ankle anymore by making him move his leg. Right now he is at the PD finishing up some reports and talking to Chief and LT. So we will see what happens. I think for sure he is taking Wednesday and Thursday off. As far as his pay goes he has about 160 hours of sick time. Plus another 12 hours of sick leave earned. He works a minimum of 84 hrs every two weeks. So that will cover him for 4 weeks if he is out that long. I am praying and hoping that it is only two weeks. It started to change colors last night but t his morning it doesn't look all that bruised just really really swollen still. He is on crutches and has a walking boot.
So in case you are wondering how it happened. We were finishing up our walk, Kristen and the girls were already at her apt. We were about 3 blocks from our house fixing to cross a street, when Minnie saw a cat and in the opposite direction was this chuachua that Copper tried to go after. While Shawn is stepping down off the parking lot. So he tries to catch his balance, but ends up falling and rolling. Then of course I am trying to see if he is okay and the dogs are going crazy because he is on the ground and they are walking all over him. He finally sits up and then coming around the corner is the Sgt that was on duty. He saw us earlier walking, but was on a call. He was really coming to find us to look at Copper since hadn't seen him before. He asked Shawn if he was okay and wanted a ride back to the house, Shawn declined. So he walked the rest of the way. We got home he sat down on the couch. I went in to look at it and said lets go to the ER. They took an x-ray and said they didn't see a break but they would have their radiology dept. look at it. Then Shawn says so I will be good to go with in a couple of days and the er Dr says um no you severely sprained it and sometimes that is almost worst then breaking it. Then Shawn starts questioning him about driving and the Dr. isn't stupid he knows what Shawn is getting to and just flat out tells him I can't release you to work unless it is a desk job. But it was kind of funny watching all of the ER doctors and nurses tease and bug Shawn over it. (He deals with them pretty regularly, most of the time making an arrest or taking a statement.)
9:30 -He is back home now. We are waiting to hear back from the Doctor's office. Apparently, they are waiting on the insurance company to call them back to say that we do have insurance through them. I think that is one of the stupidest things I have heard. Anyway, Shawn is off for the week. Well except Friday, he got approved to still go to the taser training and certification class. I keep asking if I can go. I think it would be fun to watch the majority of the officers get tased. Just in case you didn't know they have to be tased in order to carry a taser.
Anyway he is asking for something to drink, so me being the nice wife I am (for now) need to get off here and go take him a drink and some more Advil.
3 comments:
Oh what a good wife you are! Did you fix him something good to drink. Are you waiting on him Hand and foot? That is what his momma would do you know! HEHEHEHE - he and his father wishes that was the type person I am. (Actually I'm pretty good for the first day or so - then it gets OLD!!!!!!!)
BTW HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - y'all going dancing tonight - I just crack myself up!
Like I told you last night, if you want him waited on hand and foot then you need to catch the next plane to Texas! :) It hasn't even been a full day yet and with lack of sleep and two whiney kids this morning my patience is going quickly! But so far he isn't being to bad, except when it comes to wanting a drink. I think he has already had 2 cans of dr.pepper, 2 bottles water with country time lemonade, and then just one bottle of water (out of lemonade).
BUmmer.. but atleast maybe you can spend a little extra time together.
Post a Comment