So my Jewelry party wasn’t a complete bust, but I had only 3 people show up including my mom. I sent out several invitations. I didn’t realize a month ago when I scheduled it, that it would be meet the teacher night. Such is life I guess. I can’t say that it was a horrible party, because I did earn free pieces. I was just hoping to hit it big, like I did last year. But hey, I am happy and grateful that I earned what I did.
Tomorrow is the last day I watch kids. For most of them, I am relieved to be done with it, for two it is going to be hard. I think am going to miss them (or at least one of them) as much as they miss me. We are going to have fun tomorrow though. It works out where the other kids I watch tomorrow will leave at 2, so it will just be M & B, and I want to make it a fun afternoon for both of them. I am praying that there are no tears, or at least until they leave. I realize that to some this might sound weird, but there are a few people out there, that know the situation and understand why it is so hard.
Anyway, I am headed to bed it is after 12:30.
Oh ya, I totally forgot about this, Shawn and I were helping the jewelry lady load up the stuff, when all of the sudden our porch light goes out. Then I look in the window and see all of the lights are out. The lady next door comes out and asks if our electricity went out, Shawn said yes. Our whole block and the street behind us were with out power for 45 minutes. I am just thankful it was after the party. They are still out there working on it. Copper is barking his head off along with the other dogs. The pole thingy is right behind our house.
2 comments:
Give the girls a hug for me. Make sure M knows my number......in fact have her call and leave me a voicemail since the last one was on my old phone.
Sorry about your party......when do you close?
Hoping your power was fixed quickly!
Post a Comment