I have been having some really and I mean really strange dreams, lately. The only similarities between them all, is that they are:
a) Scary
b) Crazy
c) Both a and b
The first one was a couple weeks ago and it involved the neighbor kids stabbing and killing a detective in front of my house, I ended up locking myself in Shawn’s bathroom, until he arrived and coaxed me out of there. I woke up and my heart was racing and pounding like crazy. At first I thought this dream was because I had caught the kids across the street before they toilet papered Shawn’s patrol car and that I had just waken up from a deep sleep to go back to sleep for a few minutes. Now I have no idea what to think…I am working on forgetting it, but it isn’t happening right now.
The next one was me stuck in a room full of Birds. Birds can really freak me out especially if there are hundreds/thousands of them sitting on the telephone and electric lines outside. The birds never attacked me, some circled around over my head, and others landed on me, but did no harm. That was just weird and crazy. I woke up going, “What in the world?”
Then there is the third one… I had this one a week ago from Friday. Shawn, his parents, my parents, and I were about to find out the sex of our baby… the doctor asked Shawn and I if we were ready to find out what they were… I said yes thinking you mean what it is. So he starts with Baby A is a girl (what? Baby A??) Baby B is a boy (what is going on?) and then the final one Baby c- girl. So here I am freaking out and telling Shawn we are not ready for this and that we only have one crib and him along with our parents are telling me that we have been buying for 3 this whole time. I kept saying no we don’t we only have one crib, and Shawn would say, no babe we have 3 and my mom and Twila were explaining to me that I had already gotten so many things x3 and would get even more come the shower.
I have no idea what to think about this dream… I did wake up to my heart racing. I like to be in control of things in my life. I don’t think I had control over anything above.
The fourth, I was walking/running alone at the track here in town. Something I have done in the past when Shawn was working nights. So there I am running, when all of the sudden I fall because of my knee. I can’t get up, can’t really move, my cell phone is in the car, no one else is there, and then it begins to poor down rain. I start to freeze and I am screaming for help and trying to crawl across the football field. I pass out and later wake up in the ER. Then I really woke up. My knee (that I tore my acl on) bothered me all day on Tuesday. Maybe that isn’t scary to some, but it was terrifying to me.
The fifth one, it is somewhat of a common one here and now dream. I don’t want to go in to much detail, other than it involves loved ones, a huge argument, and usually severed ties at the end. This one I ended up running someone over, and it was a person I couldn’t ever see doing that too. Not that I ever plan to run someone over or have even thought about it. Once again woke up with my heart racing.
Then there is last night’s dream. I was walking Minnie when this pack (?) of dogs began to follow us. Then they started growling and coming after us. Even though I was running, Minnie broke free of the leash and went back. She fought with them all and ended up dying. Then authorities start to arrive along with the other dog owners and some how the whole thing turned into my fault. This morning, I woke up with tears and my heart racing.
Anyway, I just these horrible and terrifying dreams to stop. This is too many nightmares in a short amount of time. I am a little nervous about the next too semesters. I think my worries and questions are similar with most people in my position… am I going to survive the next two semesters, will I pass the tests, and will I have a job when I graduate. But, then again I could be wrong. Anyway, I need to go get in the shower and get ready for church.
4 comments:
Wow...and I thought I had vivid dreams!!! That is amazing! I'll pray...
I hate scary dreams!! I am so sorry!
Remind me to be careful when you are driving! LOL
They say that dreams reflect what is going on in our lives. Like when you are super stressed or worried is when you have nightmares. When you are surprised by something that you should know is usually when life seems to be spinning out of control...etc.... So maybe your stressed because your life seems to be spining out of control.....? I really do not know but will pray for you that things settle down and you have more restful sleep - without waking up from the terrors!
Normally when I'm having bad dreams like that, I don't have control over something going on in my life and no matter how many times I tell myself that it doesn't matter the dreams still come. The worse was when living with my mil and things where just starting to go bad and Jeremy was never home and Ry was hitting terrible two's and they where concerned with my blood pressure (8 months preg with JC). I dreamed Ry walked off the end of a pier and didn't come back up and I just stood there watching waiting for her to come back up. So just stop and take a deep breath and what ever it is may not seem so bad. I love you.
Post a Comment