Sunday, November 23, 2008

not sure

Wow! So I have had a lot on my heart and mind the past couple of weeks and it isn’t just school work. I am a planner, a dreamer, and a reflector. I am not one big on New Year resolutions, but I do like to kind of map out things I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Usually I don’t start doing that until December after school is out. This year those thoughts have arrived a little earlier than usual and it is a little confusing to me because it isn’t just about mine or Shawn’s life. When I started to explain them the other night to Shawn he has had pretty much the same ones. I have been asking God for words of wisdom and guidance because right now I am having hard time figuring out what direction to go in. Confused? I am! Part of the reason it is hard for me is because it isn’t about concrete things it is about relationships.

The other day I was going back and reading a few blog devotions that I had missed throughout the week and this one really spoke to me and does relate to some of the things going on in my head. I printed it out and stuck it in my journal. I also wrote the following part on a sticky note, “Conflict is our opportunity to demonstrate grace, love, mercy, patience and forgiveness. The forgiveness that Christ himself had, and the reality of His presence in our lives.” I guess I tend to forget that about conflict sometimes.

Anyway, I will try and blog more about that as I figure it all out.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Atown to spend some time with my mom and sister. One of the ladies my mom works with was going through some things and had a bunch of different things she was going to get rid of like books, games, toys, and a few other items. I took the whole pile. Some of the items haven’t even been open. It was like hitting the jackpot! Then we headed to Target and looked around before meeting Meg’s boyfriend and dad for some really good Mexican food at Jorges. After dinner Megs, mom, and I went to Petco. They just opened it and I wasn’t all that impressed. It wasn’t too long after that when I headed home. I came home started to catch up on shows but ended up falling asleep on the couch until 4 this morning when Coppers barking woke me up. He isn’t one to bark at night and then Minnie started barking. It freaked me out so I called Shawn. Either him or someone else patrolled the area but didn’t see anything. Once the dogs stopped barking, it didn’t take me too long to fall back asleep.

This week should be a pretty relaxed week for us. I am glad Shawn is off Monday and Tuesday. We have both been so busy with work, events, and school that we really haven’t had a day to ourselves in a while. I might have the girls a couple of days this week, but that is still up in the air. Thanksgiving he is working and I am spending the day at my parents. Friday morning when he gets off we are off to spend the weekend with his family.

Have a good week!

No comments: