Monday, August 24, 2009

Fabulous Weekend and First Day!

Shawn finally had a weekend that was not interrupted by being called in to work! Saturday morning, we got up early and had the house cleaned by 9:30, then we went grocery shopping, and then followed by working a few hours in my classroom. Saturday night we had over some friends along with, Mom, Dad, Ryan, Megs, and LaDez. We celebrated Meg's upcoming 20th b-day (it's tomorrow) and Shawn receiving his associates degree. I thought it was a funny that my degree finally arrived in the mail on Saturday. It is sooo pretty! I was so busy hosting and socializing that I didn't even think about the camera. Mom snapped a few photos maybe I can get them and post them later. Yesterday I worked in my classroom finishing up schedule boards and a few other odds and ends.

Speaking of today, it went great!!! I wasn't sure how the kiddos would do with schedule boards because it was something completely new, but by the third task they knew where to go and what to do. Their behavior was awesome!!! I was praying for a good day, but today went better than I ever imagined. There was a little bit of a bus issue this afternoon, but that was it! I wasn't sure how I would feel working in scrubs all day, but they were comfy and made it a lot easier to work with kids. I have slowly started receiving the items that I ordered. Last week the kitchen came in and today the grocery store shelf that I ordered along with it came in. Maybe by the end of this week the rest of the stuff that was ordered will be in!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

2 comments:

OMH said...

I'm glad your first day went well. I prayed for you this morning that today would be as smooth.

Glad your stuff is coming it.....I wanna see pictures from the party and of course your room once you get the different stuff in.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a GREAT first day! Sounds like everyone did!