- We celebrated our 5 year anniversary in September.
- We went camping that same weekend (Labor Day) with some friends of ours.
- We both had lots of trainings for work to go towards the end of September and the beginning of October.
- We had an unexpected trip to Iowa to attend my Uncle Jim's funeral. (It is still hard to believe)
- Other than those few things we have been doing the day to day stuff..
Teaching has been great! I do however wish they would have had a class of some sorts of working with paraprofessionals when I was working on my degree. That has been one of my biggest if not THE biggest stress of the school year so far. I had an assistant resign this week and I know it is for the better. I thought it would be at least two weeks before they could get a replacement, but it just so happens that my new assistant will start tomorrow. He was actually hired for an assistant position in pre-k inclusion, but really wanted a life skills type setting. I was able to meet with him and I think he will be great addition to the classroom.
Today the PPCD through High School Life Skill teachers went and toured motor labs and sensory rooms to get some ideas of what we might want in ours and some more ideas on design options. When we got back in to town we stopped by the school to see if we could talk our principal into letting us tour the PPCD teacher's and my classroom. Turns out he was just about to call us to come see. It was sooo awesome and I can't wait to move in!!! The supervisor over construction said they may even be done by the end of November instead of the middle of December. That would be nice :)
So I know it isn't much, but hey at I finally blogged. Hopefully it will not be 2 months again. I should have quite a bit to blog about after this weekend!
1 comment:
Happy belated Anniversary!
sure sounds like your are swamped and doing great.found you through pw's blog going to add you to my blog list.
Post a Comment