Monday, February 13, 2006

What a fun weekend!

So this weekend was pretty fun filled. Saturday, I pretty much spent the day in Canyon with Meghan and her choir friends. They had Solo and Ensemble ( I think that is how it is spelled) at WTAMU. I got to go in the room with the judges and watch them sing. I guess it is a bonus, since Meghan has the choir teacher I had. So anyway, instead of standing around and waiting for two hours, Meghan, her friend, and I went to Feldman's Wrong Way Diner. If you have never been there you have to go! I found out they have a website http://www.feldmansdiner.com/ Anyway, after that, we went back and Meghan found out they received a One which means they are now going to State. So it looks like She is going to be taking a trip back to Austin. When Shawn got off work, we were going to go to the 7:00 service at Trinity, only we found out that now on Saturdays, they just have service at 5 instead of 7. So we headed over to Shawn's Aunt's house for Alisha's b-day dinner.

On Sunday, I ended up going back over there and then last night we fixed spaghetti and Alisha, her future sister in law, and I did home work. I think the guys watched tv. By the way, wasn't Grey's Anatomy awesome! Lastnight, Lil, Justin came and stayed the night. We spent the day, playing playstation, playing on the computer, and playing out side with Minnie. She is soooo great with kids. She didn't jump on him once. I was surprised! He even helped me do a little bit of house work. I let him keep all of the change he found. I miss hanging out with him. It was so much fun this last summer keeping him and his brother. So anyway, that was my busy weekend. Believe it or not, I even have my school work for this week done (I got it done lastnight). It feels great. I guess I could be really good and get next week's done early too! lol ya, right! My goal for this week is tooo convince my boss to let me off early March 10th. Since I can't have it off at all. She seriously thinks that it is not a problem to get off at 6:30 make it across town and watch Shawn graduate at 7. Yea right, it is a Friday and it is on Bell St. Hmmm... I think I will have the flu that day. I hate doing that but, my husband is a lot more important to me! In her eyes college graduation is not that important as a highschool graduation, I agree but I am so freaking proud of my husband and I am not going to miss it and it is a big deal to me. Some people just don't get it! Can you believe back in September I couldn't wait for this time to get here and it is nearly hear. It has been hard, but not as hard. I think things got better for us, when Shawn got the job at TootnTotum. Since he only works, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The only thing that bites, is trying to find a time to go to church. I think this Sunday he doesn't go in until 1 so, hopefully we can go together. I will probably still go with Autumn at 5 on Saturday though. I really enjoyed that service. So anyway, I am going to finish watching Seventh Heaven and then head off to bed! Wait a second I read on Twila's blog her assignment and I decided to post mine on here, but for now I only have one:

* I use to really care what everyone thought about me and once I even started becoming someone I wasn't just because I was trying to please this one person and I did not want to cause any kind of trouble,
but now I don't care and I know that I can't please everyone. I also learned that it is less stressful to be yourself than it is to try to be the person that someone else wants you to be.

Toodles~

p.s. Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

OMH said...

I used to and now I.....was great, I think we all become someone were not at some point in our life to "Please" someone and I have found that it just causes heartache strife and STRESS....I don't like me as someone else!

I cannot believe your boss cannot even let you off two hours early. I cannot believe that she is going to force you to lie. Is there anyway you can go over her head? I mean especially since you were on the schedule prior to the person who is getting it off. (btw is she still reading your blog?)

Anonymous said...

hmmm..... I did go. When I started I was told I could have the 9th off and the 10th, but now there is training all day on the 9th and for some reason some one else can have the 10th off but I can't. Even though my name was down first. I don't know if she is reading or not, I really don't care. I kind of wish she would just get rid of me. That is pretty darn sad isn't it? I love my actual job working with kids it is other things I could go with out!

Anonymous said...

I wonder why it only shows one comment instead of 2

Anonymous said...

Gas prices in Amarillo are a JOKE... When I lived in Pampa and we had a planed trip to Amarillo, we would make sure we had just enough gas to get to Amarillo becuase gas was always at least $.10 cheaper. This all changed about 12 years ago when Tootntotum bought most of the Diamond Shamrock stations. This goes against all logic since there is more "competition" in Amarillo. Besides competition, the gas that is taken to these surrounding towns comes from Amarillo, so naturally, the prices should be higher because the gas costs more for these towns because it is transported further. Tootntotum has the biggest market share for gas stations in Amarillo, therefore they can artificially keep prices high. I once spoke to a gas station attendant and she said they always watch tootntotum's prices and try to stay $.01 less. If you look around town, tootntotum is never cheaper, it is always the same or a little higher. I know I'm just blowing hot air since you guys don't want to mess with a business that advertises in your paper so if I don't hear from you, I will just post this in any relavant news group or message board on the web.

I was told by a local independent convenience store owner that no store should make more than .05 cents per gallon profit on gasoline. That owner told me that all gas in amarillo is sold for .25 cents per gallon profit and there's nothing they can do about it. As soon as anyone lowers their prices on gas, Tootntotum lowers their prices on everything inside the area stores that are near the "competing" store (cokes, candy, beer) to send a message to that store owner to not try to compete. How can you explain tootntotum giving a .10 cent discount per gallon if you buy a car wash? That is proof that they are gouging us at the pumps.

Why don't we question his business model of buying up competing stores and buldozing them to prevent competition (I-40 and western and car wash at west gate mall, 45th and coulter, I-40 and Georgia)? How about his stranglehold on the Amarillo gas market with his 80 stores? This guy owns around 90% of the gas pumps in Amarillo and uses his market leader position to artificially keep Amarillo gas prices high. How else can you explain higher prices in Amarillo than Pampa, Dumas and Canyon (over the past 12 years). That gas comes from Amarillo to those towns and there are no Tootntotums out side of Amarillo. Amarillo should be at the bottom of the "National Average". We have one of the lowest costs of living and we have one of the largest refineries 50 miles north of Amarillo (Phillips). I challenge everyone in Amarillo to buy gas at Non-Tootntotum locations.