Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ever feel like you are playing Survivor?

That has been me the past few weeks.

Where to begin:

March 26th - I found out that they were redoing the Special Education program at school. Meaning that they are switching around classes and moving them to opposite semesters. Along with that they made it where Methods for Special ED are only offered in the fall. In other words that is one more semester of school for me.

April 2nd- I went to financial aid to see about loans for Summer school only to discover they could only give me 250.00 and that was if I signed up for 6 hours. So unless I can pull 2500 out of my butt, I will not be going.

April 6th- I grab the mail on my way out the door for work. Find a letter from our landlord saying we have be off the property in 10 days. I totally freaked out. We weren't late on rent and I couldn't understand why were being forced to move out. This whole last weekend was just an emotional roller coaster. I probably wouldn't have freaked out as much if there wasn't such a housing shortage going on right now.

But there is good news!

Monday, Shawn went and talked to the landlord to find out why we received the notice to vacate the property by the 15th. It turned out she is selling all of her rental houses to her son and son in law. She also told him that she sent us a letter in March notifying us that she was selling the house. I have gone through our mail and we never received that letter! Anyway, she said that she was planning on coming by that evening to talk to us, but was glad Shawn stopped in to talk to her. She then told him that her sons were planning on renting the houses but wanted new renters. Then she told Shawn that because we are the only renters that have paid on time and have been living here for a year now that she would call her son and talk to him. He told Shawn he didn't mind us staying and renting from him as long as we could sign a year's lease instead of a month to month. So Monday, afternoon we signed our new lease.

Now, I just want to make it through the next few weeks of school. I am actually kind of relieved that I don't have to jump right in to summer school. I guess this is the way God wanted it.

Other than being stressed out to the max the past few weeks, my life hasn't been all that busy. Shawn is still busy with work. None of the new people have started yet. I am wondering how the 3 that have to move here are going to find a place to live. Last night Shawn got called out about 10:30 and didn't back home after 4:30 am. He was practically up 24 hrs yesterday since he had to get up at 4:30 yesterday morning for work. Shawn will switch back to nights on May 16th.

I guess that pretty much sums it up!

Just incase you haven't seen it~

Autism Speaks created a music video of the Five for Fighting song, "World", which features images of autistic children and their families. The band is generously donating $0.49 to Autism Speaks for each time the video is viewed and the winning charity will receive a special prize(there are several others on the site). When you have a moment, please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal!!!!

Click Here to watch the video

1 comment:

OMH said...

I LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, having signed the Year Lease will be less stressful and maybe by the end of the year you will time to discuss the buying option instead of having to PANIC and try to figure things out in less than a week. Your landlord needs to learn that delivering written notices in person and talking to people is more HUMANE!