This weekend has been a very busy one! Friday night (my mom's birthday (**click to see what we got her), Shawn and I took her out to eat and to go see Alvin and The Chipmunks Movie. It was an awesome movie! My dad is working out of town right now, and we didn't want her to spend her birthday alone. We stayed the night, and then Saturday morning, my mom and I began baking and making all kinds of goodies (white chocolate dipped pretzels, cookies and cream, cherry mash, chocolate dipped peanut butter crackers, etc...). We did that from 10:00 am to about 5 pm. That is when my dad arrived home for just the night. We ate supper and then headed home. I think I was in bed and asleep by 10:00 which is really early for me.
Today, Shawn and I wrapped presents, finished Christmas Cards, baked cookies, and packaged boxes that have to be mailed in the morning. I hope they make it in time!!! We baked 120 chocolate chip cookies, 64 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk cookies, and 64 Macadamia nut cookies. It was a lot of cookies, but most of them are now in tins. The cookie/goodie tins is something we started last year and was a big hit with the Shawn's Shift and others at the Police Department. The people on his shift get a medium size tin and then others get a small one.
I do have my mom's camera, so I plan on taking pictures of our tree, the crazy end table, my one Santa Chef (mom, Shawn really wanted one for his birthday, he was just too embarrassed to admit it :) !!) , and other Christmas decorations. If you are blog friend (we haven't met) and would like a Christmas Card..email me with your address! Well that is about it folks! I am worn out and off to bed I go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment