Saturday, Shawn worked and I ended up watching 5 kids. I got a phone call Friday afternoon from one of the mom's whose boys I watch occasionally and she was wondering if I could watch her manager's children on Saturday. I told her sure just have him call me, thinking he would call me sometime Friday, seeing how he needed me for Saturday. He called Saturday at 10:30 asking me if I could watch them from 11 to 5. I told him that I could. So he drops them off and off to work he goes. This is not the first time I have watched kids with out the parents taking the time to ask me a few questions to find out what kind of a person I am. It drives me crazy, that people just drop their children off with out wanting to know one thing about me or even inspecting my house to make sure it is safe for their kids. Don't get me wrong, I think I am a wonderful sitter and I know my house is a safe environment for children, it just bugs me that they just think because of Shawn's career (sometimes) that I am a safe person to leave their children with. I said sometimes because one lady who I sit for had no idea about Shawn's career. In fact she pretty much did the same thing as this guy, called me asked if I could watch her sons for a couple of days, I arranged a time for her to come by that afternoon so I could meet them and so she could see where I lived and stuff, she never showed up for it, but then showed up knocking at my door the next morning, dropped them off, and left. At least the dad yesterday, knew a little bit about me before hand. Although he seemed a little frustrated when I asked him to fill out a form I have for all of the kids I keep. All I want to know is emergency numbers and if they have any kind of allergies.
LOL sorry didn't mean to go off about that, anyway I ended up having lots of fun with his kids. We did lots of crafts. They made Christmas cards with card stock paper, foam Stickers, and markers. The girls (there were 2 girls and 3 boys) made necklaces and the boys made snowman and penguins. We ended our day with watching Veggie Tales: The Toy that Saved Christmas and Firehouse Dog.
Tonight, when Shawn got home from work I told him we were going on a date (sort of). He thought I was crazy, because I was making us hot chocolate and warming up the left over mini tacos and taqitos (sp?)from Friday night. At first he thought we were going out to eat, so he didn't know why I was warming that stuff up. Then I told him we were going to drive around and look at all the pretty Christmas lights around town, plus deliver the last of our cookie tins. I thought it was lots of fun for a spur of the moment deal. This is a picture we took tonight just before we left. The last picture is for our nephew A.C. (Britt's oldest). He was telling Grandma that he hasn't ever seen snow or touched it. So, Uncle Shawnee took a picture of the snow. Sorry we can't send you some to touch and feel, but hopefully one day, when you move to Texas you will be able to play in it. And we can throw snowballs at Uncle Shawnee and build a snow man, but until then maybe you could talk your mom or Grandma into getting you some of this stuff.
Sorry your uncle and Minnie just had to walk and run through it.
Have a Very Merry Christmas!


1 comment:
Thanks for the picture - The boys couldn't believe the snow. Andrew said "Oh WOW"......but let's be truthful here, I'm thinking he had no idea what he was looking at.
Aunt T I hate to be the one to tell you but AC has decided that since everyone seems to be on your side (as in Trace and Grandma) that he will have to help Uncle Shawn get us with the snow instead of hitting him with it. Because you know they are both TALL BOYS.....anyway someone had to tell you please to don't Hate me because I was the one......
If I haven't told you so - I think your house is Decorated wonderfully! I love the Christmas Chef!
Post a Comment