Thursday, January 08, 2009

Exciting News...

This news may not be exciting news to you, but it is for me! I got my placement for student teaching and both are resource. Also my elementary school placement is not the same one from last semester. (Cheers!)

This week hasn’t been the most exciting week ever, but it has been somewhat productive. We got the back bedroom aka laundry room cleaned out. My house is clean and laundry for the most part is done. I have been researching all kinds of stuff that will help us be successful with our resolution for the year. Yes I said us and our! The other night I couldn’t sleep and I watched the clock roll on to 3 AM. Shawn had a super busy night and made it home in time to grab a sandwich and walk right back out the door. (I hate those nights!) Anyway, I had so many thoughts and things I wanted to mention to him and I was afraid I would forget so I wrote him this super long letter. At the end I wrote a proposal sounding thing and taped it to the laundry room door. He woke me up with a yes. I know it may sound silly…but to me it is silly, cute, meaningful, and besides it made my heart smile!

I just do better when I have an outline or a plan and that is what I am working on. Shawn is also in on this…. I can’t just make a plan that will just work for me and not for him.

I have also talked to a couple of friends that are also going to help me stay on track with the different areas of my goal. By doing that, it helped me reexamine things and see where certain things started to go wrong, my weaknesses, and the areas I have always remained strong in.

That pretty much sums up the latest happenings!

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

It is always nice to be in-line with your spouse as far as goals and 'resolutions' -- I am sure that you were able to sleep after that!