Monday, July 10, 2006

Oh WoW what a night!!!

So tonight was my first closing with out any help, except for the gsm to punch in his passwords so I could close the store. Well first off let me just say that today we did almost 3 times the normal sales for a Sunday evening. There were 3 people on the clock until 8 and we had been pretty busy all evening. The store was straigtned and we figured like normal we would die down, especially since it was storming outside. Nope, business picked up like crazy!!! At 9:45 all of the other employees were coming in for the store meeting. They were clocking in and crowding the front just standing their talking. Driving me insane. Besides that the guy I was working with was coming up short in his drawer. And I knew that if he was short again he would be terminated. So I kind of freaked out for him along with trying to take care of last minute customers. It was just really crazy. Finally I turned around at like 10:15, I was feeling very overwhelmed, over crowded, and we hadn't even started closing procedures that I said grab the rentals and put them out and start straightning the store! Okay I know I didn't it say it very nicely but the manager had already asked them to spread out and help. Well you know the one girl that kind of despises me well she pops off and says look who is already practicing being a gsm. Well my friend and fav. person I like working with looked at her and said well she has to start sometime. Then my fav. person told me to take a deep breath and just finish checking people out. That kind of helped things out. Then the guy I was working with found out where he messed up at. So that helped things. But I still had to do the like office closing stuff such as counting the money for the whole day, the safe, and a bunch of paperwork. And they were starting the meeting and it turns out the manager decided to do Employee star of the month and so we had to nominate someone. So I was able to get all of my stuff done and then join in on the meeting. I am proud to say that even feeling very overwhelmed I did everything correctly for my first closing. So after I filled out my nomination sheet and turned it in. Everyone started getting their pizza. Then that is when the manager checked store sales for the day and goes oh yall have been very busy tonight. So then he did the nominations and I was nominated by 4 people out of the 10 other people not including the manager. I was really not expecting that!!! And plus on all 5 of my customers he sent in, I was the only one that got 10's on their evaluation forms! So I am employee star of the month. You know that really made you know who mad! Anyway it is a 10 dollar gift card for employee star and then it is another 10 gift card for getting all 10's! I am just glad I am off tomorrow. The only real thing I have to complain about is that I found out I was permanet closer on Sunday nights! But I talked with my manager and he said he will give me one Sunday a month, or 2 if it is a 5 week month.
Nothing really going on with my life outside of work. Oh I got my hair cut on Saturday. It is to my shoulders layered. And I got tips on how to get it healthy again since when the stupid lady dyed it, it pretty much ruined my healthy hair. But I love love love my hair now just wish it was super healthy again. Puts me in a better mood when I am getting ready for the day.
Shawn has been on his own for a couple of weeks and he is loving it. I think my parents and my little sis are coming up tomorrow. I am excited, the last time I saw them it was for a short time because I picked my mom up for work and once we got back to their house they left for Iowa. Anyway, I am going to bed.

2 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

Good for you!!! :) I bet your Mom and Dad were happy to get home...we sure were. Althought it was a great vacation.

OMH said...

I'm proud of you for being a "SUPER STAR" (said with hands crossed and under my arms). Seriously I am very proud of you and for you! I never doubted you would make an awesome manager but even the most awesomest (I hope that's a word) probably do not do closing 100% correct on their first time!

Hope y'all have fun at the Waterpark with Lil' Justin & Josh - don't get sunburned :)

btw post a picture of your new hair cut