Friday, September 15, 2006

Life just passing by....

This last week has gone by soooo fast! I can't believe it is already the weekend again.
Shawn and I finally celebrated our anniversary. He got us a suite at the Ambassador, it was Awesome!! They served us breakfast in bed, aww it was so wonderful! We stayed there Tuesday night, then on Wednesday I went and got my eyes checked and I now have classes to wear in class and if I think I need them to drive. She said I barely need them, but she thinks this will alleviate the headaches I get while taking notes off the boards and over heads in class. Thursday I just had a test in my class, so I didn't get to see if it worked or not, I guess we will see on Tuesday. Shawn switches to nights on Wednesday. Next week will be very interesting for him. Because he has to work all night Thursday gets off at 6 am Friday, but has to be at a class for work at 8am and go until 5 and then he is scheduled to work the football game Friday night at 7:30, and then today he got subpoenaed (sp?) to go to court on Thursday during the day after working all night on Wednesday. Surely that won't take all day. But I guess that means lots of over time. The following week he has another class for work that works the same way. Also in October or November he will be going to a week long class in Austin.
Oh yea, last Saturday Ashley Furniture was having this garage sale type thing. So Shawn and I went and met my mom and Meghan up there. That place was packed, but anyway, I found this black plate hanger thingy, well the other plate hangers were only marked down to like 15.99/19.99 and some other prices well the one I found didn't have any kind of sticker on it, so they told us to go stand in line. I love my husband, he stood in line for like an hour for me. Then after I looked around with Meghan and Mom, I went and joined him where we finally made it to the front and the lady didn't know what to charge and her boss really didn't know so he just looked at us and Shawn jokingly said how about 5.00's and the manager said okay. Anyway as soon as I get my chef plates on it I will take a picture. So here is the reason the line took forever...they had to enter everyone's information in the computer like they would for a big furniture sale so Shawn and I had to sign like 2 different form things and then they have to print off the copies all just for a plate hanger.
We have a new neighbor and she has a 4 month old part yellow lab mix female. Well yesterday she got in our yard and Minnie was just begging to go out and play, but the lady also has a male dog and right now we have to keep Minnie away from all males, so we went and checked and her male dog was still in the house so we let Minnie out and she was running around the yard with the puppy, then she was at the backdoor like she wanted in, so I let her in. She went and got her dog bone and wanted back outside. So we let her out, she took her bone over to the puppy and the puppy picked up and started running with it and Minnie would chase her. Then she would drop it and Minnie would pick it up and the puppy would chase her. It was really cute!! We misplaced the digital camera and by the time we found it they were done playing.

Well I need to go get ready for work!

1 comment:

OMH said...

Oh - cool for the plate rack - yuck for the long line!

Sweet of Minnie to play with the new kid on the block. (Sounds funny - wish I could have seen them playing their game of chase)

Yuck about lack of sleep for Shawn - Yeah for OVERTIME.

Love you guys