Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wow 2 years!!!

I can't believe that on Monday, Shawn and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! I was just thinking about where we were and how soo much has changed since then. I would have never thought a year ago that we would be living here. A year ago we had no idea what God had in store for us. I don't think it was even a definate at this time last year that Shawn was going to go to the academy. I remember trying with all my heart to trust God and whatever happened with Shawn going to the academy that everything would be alright, and you know what? It did, even though Shawn and I hardly saw each other we made it through that and I don't think we could have done that with out God's help! Here is a slide show that I made like a month ago. It has been on my myspace, but some of you have not seen it....


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite



Anyway, lately I have been wondering if my sleep thing is God's way of getting me to talk to him more or something.... I kind of think the sleep thing is worsing. Lastnight, I felt bad because I had to pull over half way home so Shawn could take over driving. It really scared me. When we got home I went to bed, but 2 hrs later when Shawn and Minnie came to bed, I woke up and I was wide awake. I just don't understand it. My body is hurting and aching from being so tired and I just keep finding myself breaking down over the smallest things. Like yesterday, I hadn't seen my mom in like 2 weeks and I was just crabby to everyone including Shawn and I hate that because that is not who I am. So anyway, lastnight I just found myself once again crying and praying for sleep and just answers. Its not that I haven't prayed lately because I do, and this may sound crazy to some, but before I use to write/talk to God about my life and what is/was going on at the time and I don't think I have done that in the last month. So lastnight I pulled out my book of letters to God and I just wrote until 4:00 this morning. After I was done, I went and crawled into bed, and fast asleep I went, and I slept peacefully for 6 hrs, with out waking up every 2 to 3 hrs. Tomorrow I am making an appt with the doctor. It just scares me because I am not a pill taker and I am so afraid that he will put me on sleeping pills and the thought of me being on them makes me think that I am some what of a failure. I know you guys are probably tired of me talking about my sleeping problem but lately it just seems to be becoming a bigger and bigger problem in my life.

On to other news, I am already really busy with school. I guess I expected it to be like most semesters to where the first couple of weeks are kind of slow, nope, it is the 2nd week and I already have so much stuff due by Tuesday. One of the big things is that I have to type up this interview. We got a paper full of questions our future employers will be asking us and we have to answer them and it goes into our file and when we go to do our student teaching the principals/teachers of the schools we go to will be reading them. It looks like, if all goes to plan, I will be starting my methods in the fall and student teaching next spring so I will be graduating in may of 08, which is better than may of 2010. Not that I was expecting it to take me till 10 but sometimes it just felt like it. I could start my methods next semster but I would rather just finish up on the rest of my degree plan and just focus my time on methods and getting ready to take the tests for certification, because I am going to try and study so I can also get certified to teach technology classes and hopefully get both tests out of the way.

Shawn switches back to nights on the 20th and then he will go to days sometime in January. He is working the football game on Friday night for over time, which he is pretty excited about. Anyway, I have some reading for school I need to get done.

2 comments:

OMH said...

Isn't it wild to look back over a year and see how much has changed? Wild Wild Times!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. i wanted to talk to you about your sleeping problem how about you make an appointment to come and get a massage with me and let me see if i can help in anyway. I will not charge you anything just call me or msg me on myspace and let me know okay.