Sunday, August 12, 2007

Quick Update before bed

This is the first time in weeks well months maybe even this whole year that Shawn had less than 10 hours of over time the past two weeks! It has been nice, very nice! lol

Thanks to a friend of ours we found one of the puppies a home. Now we have 3 left. One yellow male (which I think we found some one to take) and then the two black ones left.
Yesterday after the kids left we headed to Atown to a friend's house too meet the person that would be taking the puppy. After the puppy left we had pizza and visited for a few hours. It was nice.

Today has been a rather lazy day. This morning I woke up with a horrible headache so I was up long enough to get dressed to go feed and let the dogs out (we are dog sitting). As soon as we got home I went back to bed. I slept from 9 to 1 something. When I got up Shawn was crashed on the couch. We did get all of the laundry done and that is about it. I watched the movie Must Love Dogs. I don't know why but it never appealed to me but today it was the only thing on that looked some what good, but it turns out I liked it.

I got a new book tonight at walmart. I haven't bought or read a book in a while. I got Cassidy by Lori Wick. She is one of my favorite authors. I will let you know my thoughts on it when its over. Also Shawn and I finished up on our couples devotional book, so we are looking for a new one. Any names of books or ideas? Can you believe in September it will be 3 years?!

Its after midnight so I need to get in bed but first I want to share a quote and its meaning I came across today! Its so very true!




If you met yourself, would you want to stick around and talk? Are you the kind of person you’d like to spend a lot of time with? Hopefully you are, because that’s who will be with you for your entire life. Your Values & Beliefs are a pretty good picture of what you want to see in the mirror. To be proud of yourself, do everything you can to make real life look like that vision. Find people that have the qualities you want and learn from them. Becoming a person you like gives you the confidence that you’re someone worth being friends with. At the same time, there’s a flip side to the friendship coin. You also need to cut yourself as much slack as you do your friends. You have friends because you see the good in them, not the flaws. You like them the way they are, warts and all. You enjoy their company and root for them to be happy and do their best. Look at yourself the same way. To be a good friend to yourself, accept your blemishes, while still pushing yourself to reach your full potential. Don’t harp on your weaknesses. Take another look in the mirror and be kinder this time.

No comments: