Tuesday, January 01, 2008

frustrated, disgusted...I don't know how to feel.....

Why do people always assume the worst or take something a person says to be a negative thing. Today, I was on the phone with a person I consider to be one of my closest friends and something she said just made me really upset. We talked about it after the remark, part of it was it wasn't the first time something was said or mentioned to me about it. And I just couldn't believe out of all people, it would come out of her mouth. My spring classes are scheduled weird this semester part of it is because they are remodeling the classroom center and it will be closed during the spring semester. I have these class times:

Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00 am- 11:50am
5:30pm-7:20pm
Wednesday: 1:00pm-3:40pm
4:00pm-6:40pm

Anyway, Shawn and I discussed with my car still being down and gas prices rising that I would just stay at my parents house Tuesday/Wednesday nights and possibly Thursday depending on the weather. I hate driving at night and rarely do it. Last year at this time, there were horrible road conditions. It takes me an hour to an hour and a 1/2 to get to school. I have been telling her along with others that I will be in town on those nights. It saves Shawn and I lot of money, his truck doesn't get the best gas mileage. Anyway she and some others have asked if we are having problems, or when we are going to spend time together. Shawn will be on nights this whole semester/sleeping during the day (he switches the 23rd) and I am sure there will be some days where I just drive home. I just don't understand all the concern that they are throwing out there. I don't think one or two nights a week is going to harm our relationship. We know how to make time for ourselves, if anything it will make us appreciate the time we have together.
I remember when he was going through the academy it seemed like we never had time because he was at the academy from 8 to 5 and then working 6 to midnight just about every night, but when we did have time together it was well spent. We didn't go out much or see our friends and family often, but we got through it just fine. I am sure it will get stressful and cause a few arguments, but that doesn't mean that we are "having problems", because I will be staying a few nights with my parents and or friends to save on our budget.
If anything offer to pray for us that we get through what can turn into a stressful time; not ask if we are having problems.

I know another part of me getting aggravated is because it seems like every time we (Shawn and I) make a decision it is like people want an explanation.... and I feel obligated to explain instead of saying because that is what we decided and leaving it at that.

Well the dryer just buzzed and there are towels to fold... maybe I will have a lighter post later....

3 comments:

Candi said...

You know, my husband and I barely lived together during our first two years of marriage (he joined the Army and left 1 month after we married). And I do mean barely...96 days out of 730 to be exact!! Truly, we have learned to fully appreciate each other!!

Outnumbered 4 to 1 said...

T- One thing I have learned is that people are going to think what they want. You and Shawn are all that matter. As long as you and Shawn are okay with the agreement then y'all will make the most of the time you have. Think of it as you have a job that causes you to travel. Dad travels all the time does that mean he and mom are having problems no that just means he has a job that causes him to travel.
Your marriage involves 3 YOU, SHAWN, AND GOD and no one else!!! So seek God's will and let everyone else think what they will and you and Shawn will be fine! Love you and PS I LOVE MY BLOG thank you so much!!

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

Jim and I hate to be apart, but often it is the only option! It is only temporary and just need to do what you need to do. Often Jim and I have one evening maybe two a week that we can spend together anyway when I have to work a lot and he is studying!!!