Christmas Tour
Welcome!
This is my first time to participate in
Boo Mama’s Christmas Tour of Homes. I was a spectator last year. If you live anywhere around here you probably already have on your fuzzy warm socks and are drinking a nice cup of hot chocolate. It is 14 degrees outside right now and if it is any colder where you live, I am so so very sorry for you, double up on the socks and drink an extra cup or two of the warm stuff!

When you first arrive at my house, if you are anything like me, you will see the chair knocked over on its side (the neighbor’s dog did it). I didn’t notice it when the picture was taken, because I didn’t take it. Do you think I would get out in the cold to take a picture? Nope! I sent Shawn out to do it! Anyway, didn't Shawn do a nice job on the lights?

The first thing you will notice when you walk in is the mirror my sister in law,
Brittney, gave me for Christmas this year. The ornaments hanging on it were one of our first Christmas gifts given to us as a couple when we got married. At the end is hanging an Advent Chain. The girls I watch add a paper ornament each day.
Next, you will see our not so fancy stockings. I am hoping to get us some made this next year. The snowman and snowwoman were given to us on our first Christmas together as well.

Then if you haven’t already noticed, you will see the small “Police” tree aka Shawn’s tree. Lots of police ornaments on it along with red and blue ball ornaments. Also pictured are the Christmas Cards we have received so far this year.

Underneath the tree are a couple of presents. Oh by the way, incase you noticed the table/stand... it was the
crazy lamp from last year. We took off the lamp part right after Christmas since it was broken, but saved the table.
The police snowmen wreath.

The last thing in this room is an end table with just a few items. The Santa Cop who wouldn’t stay on the tree, so I found him a new spot next to A Police Officer’s Night Before Christmas, and my favorite candle during this season, “Christmas Cookie”. Now on to the kitchen...

This Santa Chef was given to me last year from my parents for Christmas.

I received this Santa Chef two years ago for Christmas. Both Santa Chef’s are at the top of my list for my favorite Christmas decorations.
My bar pole (I don’t know if that is the technical term, but that is what I call it) is wrapped in thin garland. My candle holder holds one of my favorite scents. Then there is my cute frog that makes me smile every time I look at it.

On my table you will find a bowl with fake snow, bells, extra ornaments, and small bells. It works right? Okay I like it, that’s all that matters! I don't think the picture makes it look all that cute...

This Angel stays up in my house through out the year.

On our book shelf/movie shelf you will find two Santa’s that were given to Shawn his first two Christmases by his grandparents.

On top you will find the Nativity Set that we borrowed from my mom last year. I don’t think she is missing it. :)

On top of the entertainment center and tv. I bought the Santas last year.

Our big tree and lighted garland around the window. This is the first time we have had the tree in here.

My lovely plant and plant stand. The girls I watch wanted to hang up the extra ornaments I had. The older one asked if they could hang them on the plant. I told her they would probably break off leaves, but they were more than welcome to decorate the plant stand. As you see that is what they did!

A different view of the tree. Still not a great picture. For close ups on some of the ornaments go
here.

I got a close up of my princess frog. Isn't she cute!

And last but not least, my snow bunnies. They were also given to me by my mom. They are on my list of favorites. They are decorations that come to mind when thinking about Christmases when I was younger.
Hope you all have enjoyed!
Merry Christmas from our blog to yours!
Check out more homes
here.
8 comments:
Beautiful, I love the Chef Santa. Thanks for having us in your home.
Love the police tree...what a great idea!
I love your Santa Chef!! Nice house! :0)
T- The house looks great! Maybe when I have my own place I can participate in BooMamas tour! Love the mirror!
I love the bowl with the ornaments in it.. Very nice. I have seen lots online and people's house vases with shiny ornaments too!
I love all your decor! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!
Kara-North Texas
John 3:30
Your home is lovely and you are so creative. I love what you did with the pole. Also, the bowl full of colored ornaments catches my eye. The police Christmas stuff is so cute- I've never seen any before. Nice work!
The Police tree is awesome!!!
I'm still trying to get to everyone's blog to see their Christmas tour before the ball drops at midnight. There is still hope. ;)
Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment