I have so many thoughts running through my head and I thought I could get them down in a blog post…but right now I don’t know where to begin. I will take that as a sign that they aren’t ready to come out yet.
Instead, I will just blog about the latest happenings…
For the first time ever that I can recall I had to fight for a grade in a class. A teacher had marked me down for an absence which caused my grade to drop a letter grade. I had no clue about it until I checked grades reported. I immediately emailed her to find out why she reported a B when on WTclass my grade average was above a 100. Through email we set up a time to meet on Wednesday at her office. Shawn was off so he was able to keep an eye on the girls while I went in to meet with my teacher. I arrived at her office with my planner- the only proof I could come up with that I was there that day, she was not there, so I waited and waited. I talked to another teacher who told me that she hadn’t seen her all day, but if she did see her she would tell her that I was on campus waiting for her. So when she told me that I went to pick up my student teaching packet. Twenty minutes later I went back to her office and waited until 3. So I was there from 1:30-3. The hours she said she would be on campus to discuss my grade. Finally an assistant showed up to unlock her office so I could pick up my class note book. The other teacher I had talked to earlier went into her office with me and I went through my notebook to try and find notes for the date she said I had missed. I found the notes and they matched my planner. I left a note on her desk telling her that I had waited until from 1:30-3 per her email and that I had class notes. I also left her my cell number. I also emailed her pretty much the same thing when we got back home. Yesterday she calls me and tells me how sorry she is…. at that point I really didn’t care anymore. I felt like she has been scattered brained throughout the whole semester and I was just over it. Well over her, I was bound and determined to get my grade changed. Then she went in to how she got my email and my note and that this is difficult for her because she doesn’t know if she can accept my notes because what if I went yesterday after getting my notebook and copied someone else’s notes. So I kind of let her have it about different situations that happened this past semester along with if you would have been there you would have seen the notes in my notebook along with the class hand outs for that day. I think I made her cry, but I had had enough of it. I got my grade changed, but I hope for her sake and for her students sanity next semester that she makes some changes.
So other than that happening…. I found out on Wednesday that I get to walk in May!!! That kind of made the afternoon worth all of it. A couple weeks ago I just kind of accepted that I was going to walk in August and that was that…so I was surprised when they told me the news. For those of you that don’t know… I have one summer class that is only offered in Summer 1 to take. I also looked at a calendar to schedule my real tests. Starting Saturday, January 21st, for three weeks I will have a test to take every Saturday morning. Then after I graduate I will take my ELL certification test and then 4-8th test. I have to wait on those last two because we are only allowed to take what is on our degree plan or something like that.
I haven’t received my placements for student teaching yet, but I do know that I will be at an elementary school for the first 6 weeks and then at the junior high for my secondary school for the last 6 weeks.
So other than all of that… I have been trying to enjoy my break.
1 comment:
Unfortunately, sometimes you must be forceful with people to get your point across.
Have fun student teaching! Next year you could have your own classroom! Exciting!
Post a Comment