Thursday, January 06, 2005

010605

Shawn went tonight to a seminar at the TDCJ which is Texas Department of Criminal Justice for those of you that do not know. Anyways, when he got home tonight he did nothing but talk non stop about it, so I take it that he is really excited and wants to become a correctional officer. They also told him that it will look really good on his resume when he applies to the police academy. I am happy for him. It does look promising the amount of people they are looking to hire tonight were not there. Shawn said that they want to get everyone in by the middle of February if not before. He goes for his physical test Monday afternoon and for the multiple choice test Wednesday morning. I am glad that he is excited. I am glad one of us is excited. I am not all that excited about going back to school. For some reason I am always ready to go back in the fall, but I hate going back for the spring semester. Anyway, today I came across somethings that made me laugh and smile and thought I should post a few. Enjoy reading them and don't forget to vote on my poll. Sorry I am just proud of myself for figuring out how to do that and the tag board. I hope everyone is having a great week if not just look at the positive side of things tomorrow is Friday.

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Several hands went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

This is one of my favorites: A kindergarten teacher was observing here classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like. Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

This one made me laugh so hard that I nearly fell out of my chair: A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because, even thought it was a very large mammal, its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

This one is also cute: A Sunday School teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?". Without missing a beat, one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Though shall not kill."

This one is also one of my favorites even though it is super long.
EXPLAIN GOD is by an eight year old boy.
One of God's main jobs is making people. He makes them to replace the ones that die, so there will be enough people to take care of things on earth. He doesn't make grown-ups, just babies. I think because they are smaller and easier to make. That way He doesn't have to take up His valuable time teaching them to talk and walk. He can just leaves that to mothers and fathers.
God's second most important job is listening to prayers. An awful lot of this goes on, since some people, like preachers and things, pray at times beside bedtime. God doesn't have time to listen to the radio or TV because of this.
God sees everything and hears everything and is everywhere which keeps Him pretty busy. So you shouldn't go wasting His time by going over your Mom and Dad's head asking for something they said you couldn't have.
Atheists are people who don't believe in God. I don't think there are any in Chula Vista. At least there aren't any who come to our church.
Jesus is God's Son. He used to do all the hard work like walking on water and performing miracles and people finally got tired of Him preaching to them and they crucified Him. But He was good and kind, like His Father and He told His Father that they didn't know what they were doing and to forgive them and God said "O.K."
His Dad (God) appreciated everything that He had done and all His hard work on earth so He told Him He didn't have to go out on the road anymore. He could stay in heaven. So He did. And now He helps His Dad out by listening to prayers and seeing things which are important for God to take care of and which ones He can take care of Himself without having to bother God. Like a secretary, only more important. You can pray anytime you want and they are sure to help you because they got it worked out so one of them is on duty all the time.
You should always go to church on Sunday because it makes God happy, and if there's anybody you want to make happy, it's God. Don't skip church to do something you think will be more fun like going to the beach. This is wrong. And besides the sun doesn't come out at the beach until noon anyway.
If you don't believe in God, besides being an atheist, you will be very lonely, because your parents can't go everywhere with you, like to camp, but God can. It is good to know He's around you when you're scared in the dark or when you can't swim and you get thrown into real deep water by big kids.
But...you shouldn't just always think of what God can do for you. I figure God put me here and He can take me back anytime He pleases. And...that's why I believe in God.

1 comment:

OMH said...

I've never thought of Jesus as a Secretary but sounds logical to me.

I'm praying for God's will to be done for Shawn's desire to enter the Law Enforcement field. (Which is hard for a mother - cause we all want to keep our babies safe - but God showed me how he protected Shawn & Tasha in the wreck last year I will trust him to protect Shawn in this.)

Hope this doesn't mean y'all can't come in March but if it does we will figure out something.