This last weekend was such a blast for Shawn and me. The kids were so surprised to see me Saturday morning. I heard Lori up around 7:30 with Miles, so I decided it was time to get up and go surprise the kids. (I couldn't sleep anyways) Makenzie walked in to the kitchen and looked up and yelled Tasha and she was so surprised and Matthew stood there for a second and was like Tasha? then I was greeted withtwo big hugs. I think they were both really shocked. Saturday Ken and Shawn went to a car show. Shawn said that it was a lot of fun and that was the biggest car show he had ever gone to. While they were doing that, Lori, the kids, and me went to the mall and went shopping. We were going to go to the zoo, but it was snowing outside, it was really cold, and Miles did not feel good because he has a couple of teeth coming in. It was fun shopping. I used part of my Old Navy gift card. Old Navy had a lot of stuff on clearance. I think Lori and I got some great deals and walked out of the store feeling like we had saved a bunch of money. Or as for me, I had more money on my gift card to shop with in the future. After we got out of Old Navy, we met the guys to see where we would eat for dinner. Ken and Lori treated us to a really nice Mexican food place. If I remembered the name I would tell you, but I don't. Anyways, I think all of the food is pretty much home made there. Something cool about the place was that the Owner still liked to cook in the back and checks on the other cooks to make sure they are making the food perfect.
Sunday morning, we had a bit of a mix up. Shawn and I woke up realizing that everyone had pretty much kind of overslept and that church started in an hour. So while I was starting to get my stuff together to go jump in the shower, Matthew comes down the stairs and says we are not going to church. So I put my stuff up and go upstairs only to find out that we are still going to go. It was kind of funny, I guess you had to be there. Anyways, we went to church with them then we went and ate at this chicken place. I can't remember that name either? Me and Names, I know! Anyways it was really cool because it is family style and you pick the kind of chicken you want and then the sides come in glass bowls that you pass around the table. They also give you these awesome tasting cinnimon rolls. So much for keeping the pounds I just recently lost off right? Just kidding. Sunday afternoon we just sat around the house playing a video games. They have one of those things that plugs in to the tv and has like 90 something games on it and one of the games is mario. So we all took turns playing that. Later on Lori and I went to walmart to get the pictures she wanted from the negatives of the wedding along with other things. We didn't realize that we had been in Walmart for 3 hours. It was fun though. Shawn and I also decided that we would keep Matthew and Makenzie for Lori and Ken on Monday, while they both went to work. Matthew and Makenzie got really excited about not having to go to bed right then and they continued to work on the activity book things that I got them. Then we went and played superhero's and barbies in the playroom. Afterthat, it was way past bed time. So we all went to bed.
Monday morning, we got up and dressed really warm, ate breakfast, played Mario, then we headed off to the zoo. The zoo there was absolutley awesome. They had this jungle exhibit where the birds were flying around freely. I thought one of them was going to poop on one of us, but we came out all clean. I think Matthew and Makenzie enjoyed the petting zoo, where they got to feed all of the animals. Don't worry we made them wash their hands good. After that Shawn and I took them to Cracker Barrel and we told them that if they cleaned their plate they could get ice cream for dessert. Well since they hadn't done that all weekend we didn't think they would, but I guess they really wanted ice cream, so they cleaned their plates. When we got done at Cracker Barrel we went and played video games, dolls, and house for the remaining hour. Then Lori came home and Makenzie opened up the garage door and said Mom why did you have to go home, Now Tasha and Shawn have to leave, then She shut the door. I felt bad for her. She had already cried ealier, when we were picking up all of the toys in the play room. Then we said our goodbyes, packed up the truck, and headed towards Amarillo. In Oklahoma City, we got a phone call from Lori saying that Makenzie was having a hard time, and while she was playing Mario, she got to a stage where she couldn't remember what to do, so she just started crying, and Lori asked her what was wrong, and she said Tasha knows this and she would help me, but she isn't here to help me. So, I talked to her, and told her the shortcut and everything seemed to be okay again.
Anyway, it was a very fun and enjoyable weekend. I am glad that I went to see them for my birthday, even though my birthday isn't until Thursday.
Cute and funny moments on the trip: (not in any kind of order)
1) On the way to church we were listening to kids praise music and Miles starts moving all around in his car seat and saying and singing out Jesus, Jesus, Jesus............ ( you should hear him say it, it just makes you smile inside and out). I think it is very cool that Jesus was one of his first words.
2) Explaining to Matthew that it isn't Crack a Barrel, but Cracker Barrel.
3) Listening to Matthew and Makenzie at the mall when they we told that they couldn't go make a bear at build a bear. It got old after a while, but the things they were saying were funny. Makenzie, mom you just don't want us to have any fun do you. We never have fun all we do is go where you go and do what you do, we never get to have any fun. Matthew went on about not being able to go to the candy store. Then I asked Makenzie why she was being grouchy and she said because I am hungry. Lori and I laughed about it later.
4) Miles saying my name. That was cute!!
5) Doing the art activity books with the kids. They are really good artists.
6) The scenerios Matthew came up while having to play barbies. He added all of his rescue heros and came up with several scenerios like Barbie's house caught on fire and the rescue heros had to come in and save the day. Then her house flooded, there was a robber and any other disaster you could think of.
7) Shawn talking about the car show and how in his dreams the cars he would buy.
8) Makenzie and I freaking out about all the birds that were squaking and flying over us.
9) All of us realizing that the huge turtles that we thought were fake, were real. And seeing a snake over us on a tree branch in the reptile exhibit.
10) Matthew and Makenzies' faces Saturday morning when they awoke to find that Shawn and I had came for a visit.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a GR8 weekend. I know how Makenzie feels - I can't wait for y'all to come for a visit - I enjoy you when your here and then when your gone or when I have to leave y'all I'm sad. I'm glad you were able to help her over the phone with her game & maybe she will realize you are just a phone call away. Sounds like the Zoo was awesome.
Post a Comment