I have to say this has to be the weirdest first day of classes I have ever had. At 9:00 I had my fundamentals of Math II class. First of the teacher was 20 minutes late, something about forgetting to take her daughter to the baby sitters house. I guess she drove from Hereford to canyon and got to WT and realized she forgot to drop her daughter off at her mom's house? She talked really really fast and then would take a deep breath and go on about whatever and then take another big breath and continue on and this went on for the remaining of the class. So I thought she was a little weird. Only I didn't really know what the weirdest of weirdness could be until I walked in to my chemistry class. Okay I have been in college for 3 years now, so far before this class have I have not attended a class where there has been a seating chart. I felt like I was in elementary school. This lady had made name cards for everyone. She folded card stock paper and wrote every ones first and last names on both sides of the paper. She first began class in this high pitched GOOD MORNING boys and girls, well since it is 11:00 I should say Good Afternoon boys and girls. The girl next to me mumbles you have got to be kidding me. That is what I was thinking! Then she begins by saying that each name card has a sticker on the side that is facing the front of the class. All of the nursing majors have a grape sticker. So she tells the nursing majors to scratch and then sniff their stickers on the count of three. Well this girl up at the front of the class did not participate with them so she called her up to the front of the class and made her stand in front of the class and scratch and sniff her grape sticker. So then this goes on with the education majors we had strawberry stickers and all other majors had orange stickers. While all this is going on keep in mind a high pitched voice that keeps going up and down. I think it sounded like a 12 or 13 year old boy going through puberty. Get my point? Imagining it! I am still sitting in my chair thinking oh my gosh this is crazy and is she seriously the only one that teaches this class! Then she starts going over the syllabus in the middle of that she starts on chapter one so I am sitting there taking notes about ions and electrons and whatever else she is talking about then she switches back to the syllabus. It is not like she says okay class lets go back to the syllabus nope she just stops in the middle of her sentence about compounds and starts talking about attendance in class and how many tests we will have. Then all of the sudden we are going over safety rules then it is back to the lecture then all of the sudden she says oh class if you ever catch yourself on fire drop and roll and while you are rolling I will run back here to this closet like this ( yes she did run from the front of the room to the back) takes the box with the fire blanket and says I will take this blanket out of the box and wrap it around you. Now this is not a blanket you would want to curl up with it is not soft and she goes on for a good 15 minutes about the stupid fire blanket. Then it is back to the lecture! You are probably thinking that she is a young teacher nope she is in her 50's! Now here is another really cheesy thing about this class if you are in to chemistry you may think it is the coolest thing ever, however I do not! On the inside of our name cards is taped this lightbulb piece of paper with our last name on that. She told us to take that off and look at the back and that would be our secret name and when she posts grades that will be the name she post by. I can't even pronounce mine it is some element name. Then we go back to the lecture and she all of the sudden says Chlorine what is an ionic bond or something like that. So we all start looking around and finally I guess Stephanie realized she was talking to her and answered her. So yes, she will refer to you by your secret name? So how is it a secret! Anyways welcome to my day!
Anyway, on a good note, I start work tomorrow after school :)! I can't wait! I also have my fun class tomorrow well I don't know about fun yet, but it will be an interesting class, Mental Retardation. It is actually something that I have interest in. I am trying to have a postive attitude about this whole chemistry thing, but when she talks to the class like we are in first grade and she is so spastic it is hard to know what is going on and what she is talking about.
Shawn should hear something from Home Depot today or tomorrow. So far today he has heard nothing. Oh ya Meghan's birthday party on Saturday was fun. She is now dating I guess you could call it. I will tell her to update on her blog so I don't spill too many beans! I still can't believe she is 16! Well I think I am going to go take some asprin and lay down. I don't know if my eye rolling and oh my gosh and you have got to be kidding me expressions gave me a head ache. I really tried not to, but it was just weird and crazy. One thing I do know is that you can not zone out in her class for a second otherwise you will be lost! Which is hard to do, when you just want to block the annoying voice out. Okay I will stop complaining because I have until december to put up with this, just forwarning you will most likely hear about it also.
Toodles~
1 comment:
Well if nothing else you made me crack up talking about Ms. Crazmistry - that is just WILD! You have another example of HOW not to be "that" kind of teacher. I always had one at least a year that I thought I will not be "that" kind of teacher but since I never became a teacher - I guess I can say I must have eliminated them all :). Please do tell Meghan to update! Love you more than you will ever know!
Post a Comment