Monday, December 04, 2006

Is that the sound of the semester ending I hear?

Yes! Yes! It is!!! Shawn has finals this week. It kind of bites because two of them are only available tomorrow and Wednesday and he is working tonight and tomorrow night. Not much sleep for him. I think he will be completely done by Wednesday. I however, have class tomorrow and all of my finals next Tuesday. It will be nice to just go to work for about a month and not have to worry about papers, observing, and exams.
Most of our first snow has melted. There is still a patch of ice in our drive way. I think I end up breaking on it every time I pull in to the drive way. So tonight I stopped like 3 ft in front of it. lol...I just don't want to chance sliding into the garage.
There wasn't much this weekend going on besides work and school work. Shawn had the weekend off, but he had to go work a funeral Saturday morning. A local marine died in Iraq. He was 21 years old. There were so many people. The protesters were talking about coming so they ended up having so many extra officers on duty from the troopers to the deputies. Even law enforcement from Amarillo came up. The protesters never did show up, most likely due to the snow they received in Kansas. I was glad to hear that, I was also glad to see that the law enforcement was ready for them just in case. I understand protesters for the war, but why at some one's funeral. I have been reading up on these people. They call these people that die for our country unamerican, they also walk on the American flag. I just don't get it.

Anyway, Shawn and I have pictures of Coppers first play time in the snow. It was hilarious! I will probably upload them on Wednesday or maybe tomorrow night if I feel like it. He is now 4 months old. I think I will be ready for a 1 to 2 year old. Shawn and I never really had to go through the puppy stages with Minnie. She chewed a little bit, but Oh my Copper can make you want to pull your hair out. He has learned to use his teeth to open cabinets. In fact yesterday Shawn and I went to the store and he left the dogs in the kitchen. When we got back home, Copper had managed to pull the drawer underneath the stove that holds most of our pots and pans and had them all out. In one of the cabinets there is my blender, toaster, mixer, and waffle maker. This morning he had my mixer out. I let them out and went to go use the bathroom only to come back into give them their breakfast when I saw Copper dragging my mixer around. He also manages to hop on the chairs and then on to the table like a cat. One of my candles that sits on top of the table now has lovely teeth marks in/on it. He did that a few days ago. So if you ever come into my house and wonder why the chairs are pushed far away from the table you know why.
Copper does not like the Christmas tree when the lights are turned on. Well at least when the star on the top is lit. He just howls and barks at it. Sometimes he doesn't notice but other times he does and he lets us know that he knows. Oh speaking of the Christmas tree, we had bought some garland to go on it and then decided we didn't like it. So Shawn wrapped it back up and tied it with a twist tie. Copper managed to get it off the table and into their cage. I was looking for it because a person at work wanted some for their Christmas tree and walmart didn't have silver anymore. I couldn't find it and Shawn and I were sure we had set it on the table earlier that day. Well around 1:30 in the morning we hear Copper and Minnie whining and barking very loudly. Shawn gets up to go see what is going and he finds Copper and Minnie tangled up together in the silver garland. He yells for me to get up. It was mess trying to get them out of it. We ended up getting the scissors and cutting it. Shawn went ahead and let them outside for a few minutes and I took their blanket out to get all the silver scrapings out and under their blanket I find all kinds of stuff, including a case for one of Shawn's PS2 games he was looking for, and some of last weeks mail.
We didn't know for sure which dog was doing it. We thought it was most likely Copper and it turned out to be him. We have caught him in the act! We were folding socks and underwear when he tried to take off with a pair of Shawn's boxers.

We have also noticed that while Copper gets in to the cabinets Minnie surprisingly wants nothing to do with it and she will go lay at the opposite end of the room and sometimes under the table.
She has been doing great lately about not escaping when we let her outside. I think we have fully potty trained Copper not to go on the tile. I never let him on the carpet areas of the house so I am not sure how he will do and I really don't want to find out.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. I have some studying to do before I go to bed!

Hope all of you have a great week!

2 comments:

OMH said...

I've heard of pack rats - but pack dogs? Maybe he is just a Klepto!

I'm hoping you took pictures prior to freeing the dogs from the garland :) if not - I'm sorry I missed it!

Yeah for school being almost over for a while!

Hopefully things will slow down enough we can have a good visit soon.

Anonymous said...

nope I wasn't thinking at 1:30 in the morning wheres the camera, wheres the camera! lol We should have because Shawn doesn't even remember getting up and dealing with it!