Thursday, December 07, 2006

is tomorrow really Friday?

Have you ever had a week that felt like it was going fast at the beginning and then slow towards the end? Welcome to my week! So Monday night I stayed up till 2:30 studying for two chemistry tests I had the next day. I got up at 5 the next morning and left the house at 6.

So I could study for the tests at school. Then I went to my other classes for the day. I don't remember if I had told yall or not about the girl who was in our group presentation and then we ended up deleting her part out. Well if you even call it a part. Anyway apparently she had gotten her dates mixed up and thats why she wasn't there on the day of the presentation. She tried to lie to Dr. W and say that the paper was so much longer with her stuff in there and that we never called her. So needless to say after my second class, I along with the other 2 members that did the group presentation got held up. She started crying. It was alot of excuses coming from her about this and that. I don't even think Dr. W was paying much attention. I think she knew it was a bunch of crap. When I looked down at my watch and saw that I only had 30 minutes left to go get a scantron, lunch, and make a copy of the take home test for a friend (that was due in the next class), I finally said I am sorry that you got the dates mixed up, but it wasn't like we used your stuff in our presentation. We took everything out. So the grade we get on our paper and on the presentation its self is based on our work alone not yours. The group meeting you did make it to you didn't have your part of the paper done much less started. Then you emailed us your portion that was plagerized. You took it straight off the star sheet and didn't even bother to provide the source. So she interrupts me and says well that was only the first half. So that just proved our point from the beginning that she didn't put much effort into it. Then this is the kicker she says you girls are young and have all kinds of energy to stay up late working on these things. I started laughing because it was so ridicoulous. Then J said excuse me I have two kids 2 and under along with a husband. H then said she drove from_____ and I drove from pampa for these meetings here in canyon. You live here not even 2 blocks from the school and you couldnt ever make them, even though we did them around your work schedule. So then she starts pouring out the tears again going back to her mixing up the dates and all of the other things and then wants to say that it is much easier for person in their 20's to go to school. So I finally said why are you using your age as an excuse? I said not to be rude but it just makes you sound stupid. You are 42 years old and you would think that out of the 4 of us you would be the most responsible about calling people, getting your stuff done, and letting people know when you are not going to be there. That is when Dr. W ended it and let us go. As we were walking out she was trying to hand in her stuff and all we heard was so whats your excuse on this being late. Needless to say the three of us were running to the bookstore and then to our next class. I just don't understand people like that.
Anyway in my last class for the day we got to work on the second part of our take home final. I think it is awesome that he let us do it in groups up to three.

So Tuesday night I got back in to town between 8 and 8:30. I ran in to Shawn at the store. He told me he would be home around 9 for lunch and that is when I was going to help him with his online final. Well needless to say I came home and was just going to watch tv until he got home....I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 3:30 when he ran inside to get a few dollars for a snack or something like that. I remember sitting up going are you ready to take your test and he goes I already took it and then I realized the time. I felt so bad but I don't think I have been in bed before 9 in a long long time!

I think we have most of our Christmas Shopping done. We still haven't really came up with any traditions all thought I think the theme in our house right now is to have patience and don't kill the dog.
He broke a bowl today. And lastnight Shawn left them out (which they are gated in the kitchen) and some how Copper managed to lock Minnie in the cage, knock over the trash can, have it strung all over the kitchen, and he knocked over the basket of socks that were on the couch. So it was big mixture between socks and trash oh an a travel pillow that he managed to shred. Yes I freaked when we walked in the door. We came in the front and I could see Minnie in their cage whinning like crazy. Then when we made it in the kitchen I noticed she was trying to get out but couldn't and then I saw the floor! Shawn was great about the situation. He sent me and Minnie to a different part of the house. I felt so bad for her. Today I can laugh about it, lastnight I was in tears over it. All I could think was thank goodness we don't let him rome the house because one can only imagine. Today has been much better. I think alot of it is he is starting to get new teeth and puppies seem to like to chew on everything they aren't suppose to chew on. When we went to go get his last set of Shots last week the vet told Shawn the best thing to let a dog chew on is an old boot. So we may just have to go find an old boot.

Well enough about Copper. Sorry I didn't get the pics loaded hopefully I can tomorrow!

No comments: