An ice/snow storm started Monday night but got really bad Tuesday night. Shawn had to work both nights. Tuesday I had a migrane so I was in bed all day. I think I finally crawled out of bed around 10 pm. Anyway when I looked outside tree branches were falling everywhere on our street. The light pole caty corner to our house fell across the intersection around 11. That was the first time of the night I got to see or talk to Shawn, even though he was just running in to use the restroom. The people across the street didn't have power after that until around 2 that morning. Our side of the street lost power at 4 am and it wasn't turned back on until 2 this morning. I have pictures of all the branches and limbs in our yard. When Shawn arrived home yesterday morning, he arrived to find a pretty good size limb on top of his truck. I think all of the ice and snow cushioned its fall. A couple of city trucks and cars got their windows smashed by branches. It looks like a war zone around here. Anyway we ended up going to a friends house around 9 yesterday morning and stayed at their house lastnight. I thought about going to Amarillo, but our cellphones were acting up so I didn't want to chance it. Plus, Shawn was on stand by for the day. I will post pictures when Shawn gets back. My camera is in the car. He is excited because his gun finally came in so he is at the PD signing for it and I think today is the potluck lunch or something. Anyway I need to go throw my work clothes in the dryer.
Update: So I guess my camera is still at Johnnies house. Opps I thought I put in the car. So I will have to post pics tomorrow. Right now in my front yard is Shawn, 6 or 7 highschool boys, 2 other guys with chainsaws and other kinds of saw things. They are cleaning up the front yard and cutting down some of the branches that look like they could fall any minute. I was dreading cleaning up the front yard, but God answered my prayers! I guess they love the goodies that Shawn and I made. lol Anyway I just love the sight of people helping people. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment