Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Great Day hmmm so far.....

Today was beautiful outside. It was 70 something today. We were able to take the kids outside today and play. A church youth group from Abilene TX came and spent the day playing with the kids. This afternoon before they left they put on an awesome puppet show for the kids and talked about the real reason for Christmas. They also passed out gifts. I am very blessed to work where I work. I think we have helped out every family in need of Christmas presents. A few of the local churches added our kids to their angel trees and we were able to get even more for them. I guess I didn't realize how bad these kids really have it until this month came around. I also thought it was great that my boss made it to where their parents were able to pick up the gifts while the kids were not there and if not we were able to go and drop them off. This week isn't as hecktic as I thought it would be. Yesterday we finished reading the Best Christmas Pagent Ever and then watched the movie. That was on of my favorite books in elementary school. I also remember going to the play at the civic center. Shawn finished his training today and begins working at TootnTotum on Monday. An advantage to this job is that he gets paid weekly. In about 10 minutes we are leaving to go to lil Justin's Christmas Program. We are doing Christmas with all of them tomorrow. Tonight when we get home, I have to make a caramel apple pie to take over there. My first one turned out all right so we shall see how this next one turns out. I can't believe Christmas is this weekend. For some reason I am more in the Christmas spirit than I have been in the past couple of years, but this year seems to be harder this time of year than any of the others. Maybe I am just more greatful, who knows. Well I better stop my ramblings and end this so we can go.

Toodles~

No comments: