Friday, December 02, 2005

Happy Friday big spill

I am so glad that today is Friday! I already knew that this week would seem like a long one because last week was a short week. Shawn was off on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It was really nice to come home and him already be home. He even had dinner ready Tuesday night and also last night! And it gets even better it wasn't spagetti. :) So even though this week seemed kind of long, it really didn't bother me because it felt like I got to spend more time with Shawn.
I have always known this, but I just reminded myself again this morning that God has truely blessed me with awesome friends. Autumn called me and asked me if I wanted to go to Lubbock tonight for her b-day and come back tomorrow. I just think that it is kind of funny that I told Shawn lastnight that I just wanted to get away from all of the (let me think of a nice word to say) crap ( I know that is not the nicest but hey) and ta da and wa la I get too and Autumn does too. I know that getting away doesn't mean it all goes away but it does tonight for her b-day. And no I do not mean that I am going to go and get drunk because that is just not who I am. Back to what I was saying, God has really and truely blessed me with great friends and no it is not because I am going on a mini trip. I have a couple of friends that are always there for me and it doesn't matter that we haven't talked in a couple of months. I always know that they are there if I need them and they I hope, or at least it seems, that they know I am always here for them when they need me. Life may pull us in several directions and we may not see or talk to each other for a long while but in my eyes we do not think the other person is being snobby, stuck up, or rude. No, we simply know that they are busy. Like with Lacy, I think the last time I had seen her or talked to her on the phone was in September. But I called her right before Shawn's b-day to see if she wanted to go shopping with me. The whole time we caught up on what was going on in each others lives and just talked. There was no, well why haven't you called or came over, well I thought you were mad at me, well you had time to go do that why could you? Now, if they ever called me and needed a friend I am there as they are with me. I simply have understanding and true friends who don't get offended when I am busy with life. Now, if just the rest of the people in my life could get like that life would be great! :) I can only pray I guess! If you are the type of person who thinks because your friend or who ever is mad at you because they haven't called or came over, try to remember the possibility that they may just be busy with their life or lives at the time and that it is not you.
So there is my spill, if you can not understand what I am trying to say. I am sorry, I had it all in my head for a good while now, but didn't know how to put it into words. Maybe you can call me and I will try to explain it. Well it is time for me to go to work.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Toodles

5 comments:

OMH said...

Well said! I have friends one since I was 2 years old that we won't talk more than 1 or 2 times a year, yet when I need her or she needs me it's only been a day since we talked. (We do email at least once every couple of months but hey.)

I have pretty much head it with the "Are you mad at me?" Question - hello if you know me well enough to worry if I'm mad at you - you know me well enough to KNOW when I'm mad!

Love you - have FUN in LUBBOCK!!!!!

cafuauav is my verification word - wow I'm thinking that that should become my new catch phrase - CAFUAUAUV could sound like a curse word so I guess I'll let it go at the end of this posting! :)

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

So.. what did Shawn make for supper?

Tasha said...

He made Taco's and grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Don't laugh at the grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup though, because I was not feeling good and it was soooo perfect. He makes the best grilled cheeses ever. Last week he made pizzas. Anything is better than spagetti.

OMH said...

Tell us about your trip to LUBBOCK!

Anonymous said...

Very well said sis. I feel the exact same way sometimes. And I hope you know you can always call me at vent whenever you want and it will stay between us. Whether I agree with what you are saying or not, (and I agree this time). I will be there for you as I would anyone family or friends. Love you lots. (oh Rylee tryed to say ur name the other day after we hung up. but it came out more ta-a. It was soooo cute.)