Ever get like that....where you think your head is going to explode?? lol That is me tonight, after my Applied Behavior Analysis class. I understand it and think that it is very interesting... I just keep confusing myself with the terminology. Plus we just got thrown a whole lot of information. I guess I just need time to process it all. I will be studying it this weekend though, because we have a test over handouts and
chapters 1-5. Anyway, hope you all had a lovely Wednesday!
2 comments:
HEY I FOUND YOUR BLOG. SORRY FOR THE CAPS I AM @ WORK. I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE REVIEW. I CALLED JAMIE AND ASKED HER AND SHE SAID YOU COULD PROBABLY TELL ME. I MISPLACED YOUR NUMBER AND I CANT ACCESS MY EMAIL RIGHT NOW.
THE SENERIO IS DONNA IS HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH SUBTRACTION PROBLEMS. OVER A FIVE DAY PERIOD, OUT OF 10 PROBLEMS, SHE HAS GOTTEN THE FOLLOWING NUMBER F PROBLEMS CORRECT M-4, T-6, W-2, TH-6, F-3.
GRAPH THE PERCENTAGE CORRECT FOR EACH DAY. LABEL ALL PARTS OF THE GRAPH.
ARE WE SUPPOSE TO MAKE UP THE PERCENTAGES?
AND IT ALSO SAYS TO IDENTIFY, STUDENT, TARGET BAHVIOR, TYPE OF DATA RECORDING SYSTEM, AND NAME OF SINGLE SUBJECT DESIGN MOST APPOROPRAITE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LAST 3 OF THOSE.
I AM AT WORK UNTIL MIDNIGHT SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET THIS BEFORE THEN CAN YOU JUST POST A COMMENT TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT ALL IF NOT CALL ME TOMORROW PLEASE.
I AM SCARED THAT YOU ARE CONFUSED BECAUSE YOU SEEMED TO UNDERSTAND IT MORE THAN THE REST OF US I AM TRYING TO GET OFF ON TUESDAY FOR THE STUDY GROUP.
Eeee...I will try to explain why I chose each answer
Student: Donna
Target Behavior: Subtraction (That is what you are wanting her to improve/change on)
Type of Data Recording System: Permanent Product (pretty sure this is it because Donna's teacher is grading her problems Chapter 3 pg 62 in text book)
Single Subject Design most appropriate: ABAB Reversal/withdrawl design - because she has her baseline, do an interevtion, take it back to baseline2 , and then repeat intervention. After that Donna's teacher should be able to tell whether or not her intervention worked.
For graphing:
You don't need to make up the percentages for A (Baseline 1) because it is provided. There are 10 problems so if she missed one it would be minus 10..
For B (Intervention) we are suppose to show that your intervention is working so you want her scores to improve. And then in order to show a functional relationship between A and B when you take your second baseline you would want to show lower scores and then when you do your second B you would then show improvement again. And the outcome would be a functional relationship. As far as labeling the graph look at the handouts for chapter 5 and in the book. I think even the book website has an example of the ABAB design. Just remember to show your phases with the dashed line and label A and B. Oh and when you write out your description of your graph make sure you put the same intervention down. That is the main thing about ABAB is that you use the same intervention both times.
I hope that this helps you. If not I sent you my number through wtclass and I will be home until about 5:30 tomorrow, around 1 on Saturday, and all day Monday.
http://wps.prenhall.com/wps/media/objects/2028/2077456/Volume_medialib/BOOK.PDF
If you go to this link go to page 25 and you will see an example what your graph should look like.
Post a Comment