Know God is telling you to do something, but you don’t like what He is saying? Ha that has been me for the last two to three weeks ago. It all started when my mom and I were having a conversation family. Several times in my life I have been told that I forgive and trust too easy. There are a few relationships that I have had with people that were a constant up and down. I finally had enough that I said I am forgiving, but I done trying, if I see them, I see them, we can be civil, and life goes on. It has been like that since about the end of January.
For the past two weeks, God has been telling me to try again. I argued back with all sorts of WHYS?!? And are you crazy? Along with a whole list of excuses of how it would never work and I have tried and tried… (I know. What was I thinking?). Then last night I was cleaning up the living room and out of one of my books fell out a note card with the following written on it, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight.” Proverbs 3: 5-6
I went to my room and just started crying and praying and telling God that okay, I trust you. A sense of relief and peace just came over me. I slept like a baby last night for the first time in weeks! I don’t know what I was thinking trying to argue with Him.
So if you would pray for me that I can continue to walk in His path and trust Him on this, because this isn’t going to be easy for me. But I think I made my second step today!
No comments:
Post a Comment