Thursday, September 11, 2008

Awake now!

Last night I crashed somewhere between 7:30 and 8. I woke up feeling refreshed around 7:30 this morning. I know they say that you can never really catch up on sleep, but I feel like I just did! Now, I am just waiting on Shawn to get up (don’t worry I am not going to wake him up) and go get the bin of our fall/Halloween stuff out of the garage. I love decorating for the different seasons! But, before we do that, we have to put our house completely back together. Remember this? Oh this time it is so much worse!

You see, a week or two ago, I decided to get rid of the computer desk that we had, Shawn’s parent’s were coming up for the weekend, and I knew that his sister wanted it. This all started because Shawn came home and told me that this friend of his was wanting to get rid of their desk (I really liked it and we were going to pay something towards it). That same weekend (okay so it was a week ago from this past weekend, so almost 2 weeks ago. You still with me? J) Megs was moving into her house. We had a TV and couch for her. Then we got a call that the people decided to keep their computer desk… um okay, what now? Shawn and I decided that we didn’t like having a TV in our front room during the school year, because stuff just doesn’t get done, and it helps us out even more with procrastination. So the TV that was in here (our front room/computer room) went to our bedroom and Megs’ TV got upgraded to the one that was in our bedroom. You still with me?

The stand/thing the TV was on in here, is now our temporary desk, but I like it. I mean it is kind of obvious, that it isn’t exactly a desk, but it is a the right height, and works great for right now and it matches the other furniture (one end table) in the room. Maybe I will take a picture of it, but that means you can’t make fun of me! Okay so back to putting the house back together… when Shawn and Hays were loading up the Couch and Computer Desk they knocked over this movie stand and out came all of the dvds. This stand was something I got for like 5 dollars maybe less when I worked at Hastings. It didn’t hold all of our movies, but it worked for most of our favorites. The others were still boxed (2 boxes). So then the light bulb goes off (bad bad thing) why don’t we just move the book shelf that is in the middle bedroom in here and it will store all of our movies. So we take all of the books (mostly school stuff) off of it and move it to the kitchen/living area. All of the stuff that was on it, is now stacked in the middle bedroom. Oh did I forget to mention that I had already started to go through toys in that room so I had a few piles of keep, get rid of, and undecided. As of right now there is a path to the closet and that is it. And to add to everything we are switching beds with my parents. We picked up the bunk beds yesterday and they are now in our laundry room.

The main living areas of the house are together, but my table is still full of stuff from the old computer desk (decorative type things) that need new homes. I just can’t handle the chaos anymore, and that is why today is the day it is going to get done! I was going to start on it last night, but Shawn told me there was no point. I noticed that he did get all of the camping stuff taken out and put up!

Shawn works this weekend and we are still waiting to find out if he is changing shifts and if so is he staying on B shift or moving to A and nights or days. I think I have heard just about every possibility now. I really wish that they would do this switcharoo in the January Shift changes, because most of the wives, I have talked to are also like me and figure out weekends off from the beginning of the year to plan for everything else. By the way the switch date is the 17th which is this upcoming Wednesday. I do realize they are trying to get budgeting done (it starts over in Oct.) but I think that should be even more a reason to wait until January…but I guess they aren’t asking me, are they.

As for my weekend plans… Tomorrow I have a seminar for school and then after that I was hoping to spend some time with Megs and Lacy. Saturday… I am going to get my final done for Math Methods…so I can present it and get it over with, and then work on my literacy circle activities. Then I am hoping to catch up on blogs, phone calls to friends, and making birthday cards.

Oh real quick… besides hobby lobby does anyone know where I can buy shelves at? I looked at Wal-Mart the other night, but they didn’t have any. Hobby Lobby only had the huge ones left (they were 50% off). I just want a few small ones for the middle bedroom to put my frogs and pictures on.

Oh by the way, today is my brother's 22nd Birthday! Happy Birthday Ryan! (not sure he has ever read my blog)

2 comments:

Outnumbered 4 to 1 said...

Hey Hon! I gotta say I didn't realize my wanting the desk (which I am sitting at right now) would cause such a kaos in your world. THANK YOU!!

Check Micheals I have bought lots of shelves there.

OMH said...

WOW - gotta say you might have a mess there.

Michaels here also has some awesome Halloween decorations. Haven't been over to Hobby Lobby yet - but heading there this weekend.