Tuesday, October 30, 2007

WOW it's long one!

So I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I guess I have officially made a lot of bloggers angry. Am I sorry? Not really. As most of you know, I change our background on our blog quite regularly. I don't make the graphics. I do use the graphics to make the header and buttons on the side bar. But I ALWAYS give CREDIT to the person that did make them. The one that is currently on my site I got here. It is a digi scrap booking site, but she allows you to use her free kits and other products on personal blogs, but there are terms that go along with using them!

Towards the end of last week, I came across the blog Shabby Tulips. I noticed that she was making blog templates for others using Shabby Princess free kits. Which is really nice and all but there was no credit that I saw given to Shabby Princess. So I left the following comment:


"I know that you are using the free kits from Shabby Princess (www.shabbyprincess.com) and I think that it is nice what you are doing, but do you realize that you are violating the terms along with every person using these templates. You need to give credit where credit is due. This is from her site "IF you have a PERSONAL blog or website that you would like to embellish using our free downloads...that is permitted AS LONG AS there is NOTHING commercial about the site (no affiliate links...no links to your eBay store...no advertising...NOTHING). This is strictly for those who have a family website or blog that is used to keep in touch with family and friends. Please note that credit and copyright must be given to www.shabbyprincess.com on any page where our graphics are being used." I just thought I would let you know. I have used her free kits on my site and am currently using a kit on my site for my template. I just think it is important to give credit where credit is due!"


I was not trying to be rude when I left the comment, I just thought that she should know. Well then I get this

"Hey guys, thanks for the input about the Shabby Princess credit! I actually do give credit to them. I have a post about it, you just must not have seen it. I think it's my first or second post. I should probably make another post since people apparently aren't noticing the first one. But yeah, check out that first or second post, the credit to shabbyprincess.com is in there."

So I left another comment letting her know that she needs to have it have it on the templates (such as in the side bar) that people are using because it is making them violate terms and they don't realize that. Oh let me back up for a second.... after I left that first comment, I thought well maybe Shabby Tulips is Shabby Princess but I doubted it, but I sent the following email to Shabby Princess.

"I just left a comment on your latest blog post, but I continued to do a little more exploring on your site and I found your email me button. I wasn’t sure if you were aware that there was a blog out there called Shabby Tulips. It looks like who ever is in charge and it may be you is using your free kits to create blogger templates. They are free of charge but the thing that caught my eye is there is no credit given to you. That is why I don’t think that it is you making them. I love your free kits and I hope that this person doesn’t stop you from making them. Right now I am using your Smell my Feet kit as a background and buttons for my blog. Yes I am giving you credit. Anyway, I just wanted you to be aware of this site. I just think that credit should be given where credit is due! I left a comment on the blog that the person should be giving credit to you for it. And I may be wrong and it may be you doing the blog. Just wanted to let you know just in case is isn’t/wasn’t!"

Remember that was before the whole response that there was credit given in the first post or whatever. ALSO, after I left my first comment others commented on the fact that she should give credit and one other person commented that she is violating terms by distributing. Through out today, I have received some emails from angry bloggers saying that I got Shabby Tulips site taken down. I replied to some of those emails and said that I did not purposely try to get her site shut down and that she was violating terms and that is why it got shut down. I didn't realize that she was violating other terms also. She was just failing to give credit somewhere on her page that was visible at all times. The last few emails I just deleted, because I am not going to argue with people that have no understanding what so ever! So before you hit that EMAIL US button! Please go read Shabby Princess' TERMS.

Ha how ironic, while typing this post up I just received the following reply from Shabby Princess that says the following:

"Hi NaTasha! I work for Shabby Princess on different projects and fighting piracy is one of them…lol! THANK YOU so much for taking the time to email us on this one! The web is such a big place that there is no way for us to keep up with everything, so we really rely on our customers to let us know about things like this! The good news is that someone else had also notified us of this a couple weeks ago. We emailed the owner of the blog and we heard back from her last night that she had taken everything down! This kind of thing seems to be popular right now, but it is considered a form of sharing our files and is against our terms. The blog owner didn’t realize this though. Thanks for keeping your eyes out for us, we really appreciate it!!!

Have a great night!
Stephanie
Coordinator
The Shabby Shoppe
help@shabbyprincess.com"


So you see, I am not the sole blogger, that got her shut down. Did I want her blog to get shut down? No, I just wanted her to know that she should be giving credit where credit is due. I didn't realize until tonight that she was actually violating another term, which was "sharing files" I had noticed that another commenter on her blog had said that. So please quit sending rude and hateful emails to me about this! If you are currently using a kit or background from a site, just make sure you have credit given to that person/company on your page (not just a post unless you can guarantee that it stays on top). I don't mind if you email me questions about my template on how I did it or on how to do something. I will try to answer and help you the best I can.

If you still think that some how I shut this girl's site down and feel like you need to tell me something about it, please leave it in a comment... don't flood my inbox with emails! Thanks!

~The great and wonderful me! ~



On to other news! I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween tomorrow! I have a test so pray for me! And mom if you get a chance to read this I will be by, after my test, I might even beat you to the house. My class starts at 4 and I will leave as soon as I am done with my test. We should go bug Megs at work! I want to see her costume! :) Well I am off to study and then to bed!


Oh ya Candi did a post on her gift card!


Goodnight all!




No comments: