Friday, November 23, 2007

Broken Camera = no pictures :(

But even with a broken camera, we had a great Thanksgiving!! My pie turned out great even though I had a little mishap with the topping. We were at my parents most of the day. We watched football, ate, played taboo, looked through the ads in the paper, and visted. On the way home we made a spur of the moment decision to stop by his cousin's house. They had their second child back in July and the last time I saw her she was two weeks old. Needless to say she has grown. I think we left there around 11:30.... we were planning on stopping by visiting for an hour or so... but that didn't happen. Either way it was an awesome time. Her parents were in town from Florida and it was nice to visit and catch up with them.


You know how they say you learn something new everyday.... well Wednesday night I learned that after what almost 5 or 6 years (3 of them being married) that my husband does not like pumpkin pie..... I guess I never noticed that he didn't eat it. At first I thought he was joking. He isn't a big dessert eater, but he will eat bread type stuff..he is normally the one to finish off the rolls. So today, I made an apple pie (one of his favorites). He should be surprised when he comes home from work.

I woke up this morning to snow on the ground. I was excited to see it! I can't wait until Shawn gets home from work so we can pull out all of the Christmas stuff and start decorating. When he came home at lunch he said he liked seeing the snow, but he hates working out in. At lunch (1:30) there had already been 4 roll overs. Just because people don't know how to drive or think that it isn't slick out side. As far as work goes he hates this time of year, this is when the suicides and suicide attempts increase. I couldn't believe how many there were last year and it didn't slow down until March/ April. I have been hoping that their won't be so many this year, but I guess the night shift last night had one. Okay I am stopping there, I didn't want this post to become a sad horrible post....

I hope all of you had great Thanksgiving! Happy Decorating for Christmas!! Maybe I can borrow my mom's camera and get some pictures of our decorations.

No comments: