Friday, November 02, 2007

Yeah right!

I opened up this email because I saw James and I thought it was from a person that Shawn and I know. I should have known from the subject "URGENT! ATTENTION!" that it wasn't him and a spam email. When I opened it I immediately realized it wasn't but I read it anyways trying to figure out why a chief would be emailing us. After I read it, I called Shawn laughing and read him this guy's "sob story." I told Shawn that all I could think of afterwards was Identity Theft! The sad part about of all of this, is someone will actually fall for this scam artists trick.

So here is what I call the sob story!

2ND/NOV/2007

ATTN:
It is with a profoundly positive mind that i wrote and sent this email to you and i'm really hoping that you would read it with an open mind and understanding and i pray that you will see this as a golden opportunity to earn some good money without much stress and no risk at all.I am Chief James Kuku and was a top official with the recently scrapped Nigerian national petroleum corporation,[N.N.PC],prior to the disbandment of this parastatal a huge excess crude oil was discovered and the amount involved is over $4 billion usd, all directors and top officials like myself are being probed and investigated in connection with the embezelled funds by the appropriate authorities and we are all under close scrutiny our international passports have been confiscated and all our local accounts frozen.Now the reason why i am revealing all this to you is because i really need you to help me retrieve the sum of $74.3 million usd that is being held by a security firm for safe keeping in the U.K,this funds can be claimed by any one that presents the supporting documents issued by the security firm on reciept of the funds which is concealed in artworks in a metal case, these authorizing documents comprise of,

[1]waybill.
[2]reciept
[3]deposit certificate
which are all in my possesion,i cannot travel and all my family members, relatives and close associates are being watched, so i have approached you with this proposal hoping that you will be interested in assisting me claim and bank this funds in various offshore accounts that will be opened subsequently and also help me invest some of it in real estate and other sound investments that you recommend in your region, offcourse you will be handsomely renumerated with a 20% cut for all your troubles, i know you might be wondering why i choose you and why i am entrusting you with so much ,well i have no choice but to trust you believing that the funds is more than enough for all parties involved and there will be no need for greed, once you have indicated your interest by replying this mail at once i will send the documents to you with detailed instructions on what to do and how to go about everything, for now let me have your direct phone and fax numbers for easy communication, as well as a scanned copy of the last two pages of your international passport or drivers license, and your social security number. I really look forward to hearing from you and doing business with you.REPLY A.S.A.P TO : ubn_jameskuku123@yahoo.com

Your's sincerely,
Chief James kuku

1 comment:

Emily said...

Chief kuku??! lol... that's hilarious!