
Hmmm....... Lets see where Shall I begin????????? The good news is that we are no longer having a problem with Minnie digging her way under the fence to our neighbor's yards. Nope, she is over that! Now she is on to digging under the back fence in to the ally then running around to our front yard. A couple weeks ago, I was getting out of the shower and I heard lots of barking coming from the front yard. I was thinking o great one of our neighbor's pits is out which is almost like an everyday thing. So I look out the window and what do I see? Minnie barking at the mail man. In the middle of the street. So I am in my towel and I open the front door screaming at her and she comes running in to the house. I was sooooooo mad at her. So the whole time I am throwing on my clothes to go get our mail, I am yelling at her. She just lays down on the living room floor and keeps her head down. As I leave the house I yell at her to stay and not move. So I go down the block and apologize to the mail man. He tells me that was the first time he pepper sprayed a dog and the dog didn't back off. So I get my mail and walk in the door and Minnie was actually still laying where she was right when I left.
So yesterday morning, Shawn just got up to get ready for work and there is a knock on the door. It is our neighbor from across the street. He explains to Shawn that Minnie got a hold of a rooster. Meghan goes and looks at the rooster and Shawn whistles for Minnie who is now in our neighbor's drive way hiding behind their van. She slowly comes out with her head down. Meghan comes in and says that the rooster is in two pieces and that organs are out. Then in comes Minnie and Shawn. Minnie immediately runs to the backdoor. I think she was trying to get away from Shawn who is yelling at her. As soon as he opens the door she runs out. He goes out to temporarily fix another hole. I guess he was sticking a brick in it or something, but it scared Miss Minnie and she bit her tongue. So back in comes Shawn and Minnie. He is trying to check out her tongue which has already quit bleeding. Then he is petting and loving on her and omg the look on her face was like ha ha ha hes not mad at me. When Shawn takes her back out side, Meghan says, "I think she was faking!" I said, "You think? She has to be the biggest drama queen dog I know!" Oh and guess what it doesn't end here! Nope guess where Minnie is right now? Laying on the floor right beside me. While I was connecting the computer to the internet, I thought I would call Shawn and see if he was going to come home for lunch and he asked me if the mail had came? So I look out the front door window and vroom right past my eyes was a blonde thing. I said NO SHE DID NOT! Shawn goes what? I open the door and yell Minnie and her she comes. I get off the phone with Shawn and I start talking to her and when I stop talking she runs for the backdoor like okay now let me back out. I looked at her and said nope your not going back out, just so you can create another hole under the fence. Shawn should be home any minute now for lunch, and if Minnie thinks she is going outside she is wrong. I do not have class this afternoon since I have already turned in my observation report, so she can stay inside with me while I finish laundry and work on my online classes. How boring I know!! I think I have already made her mad, when Red and all the other neighborhood dogs were howling at the sirens. She went crazy with her whining and I just looked at her and said no, so she just laid down. Shawn and I bought chicken wire lastnight. We are hoping that will stop it. Is there such a thing as a dog going through teenage years? And my next question is I never snuck out at all so why do I get stuck with a dog that does?
As far as Mr. Red, he doesn't leave the backyard unless we pick him up and carry him. He just runs around and plays with toys are walks around in their empty pools.
By the way, with the whole Rooster thing, I am wondering (from where the rooster was attacked mainly) if it was messing with the dogs and Minnie just thought I will show him. In the backyard, she will catch these huge black colored birds and then she drops them in the home depot bucket. Oh and if you are worried that the rooster was the same one that was in our yard a few months ago, I don't think it was judging by the color of the pile of feathers by our back fence.
Toodles
~oh the pictures were taken yesterday afternoon from the kitchen window~
1 comment:
Maybe she learned this behavior from her peers at school! Hopefully the chicken wire will fix the little Miss Houminnie acts!
Post a Comment