Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A ride with Minnie

Yesterday afternoon and early evening, Shawn and I were cleaning up the backyard and spending time with the dogs. Minnie has changed a lot and Red has gotten so big. I think he weighs more than Minnie now. I just hope that he will eventually come around socially. It was a big step for him yesterday for me to hold the leash and him take 4 baby steps towards me before he laid down on his stomach. Since, we have gotten him, we have put a leash on him and let him run around. He does fine until you pick it up and then splat. There he goes on his tummy again. We really don't know what else to do. He has just barely began following Shawn and Minnie out the back gate to take out the trash. Anyway, Minnie is doing great with her commands and she doesn't really jump anymore except on Shawn, but that is because he allows it most of the time. Anyway, last night we had to go to Sams to fill the truck up and we decided to take Minnie with us. She was sitting in the back seat and doing fine until we started to go over the Ross-Mirror bridge. Once we got to the top we noticed that she had laid down flat on her tummy and kind of moaned. Shawn and I didn't know what to think at the time. But on our way back, She did fine going up the bridge but by the time we were at the top of it She was laying down again. Then when we reached the bottom, She peeked her head up, and then sat back up. So we discovered that Minnie really does not like heights! By the way, the picture is a picture we took last night in the truck.

Today was my first day back to work and Shawn's back to school. I went to work at 10 thinking that we all had to be there at 10 but I guess we didn't have to show up until our normal time which mine on Tuesday's is 11:30 so I got to leave at 5. The kids were not to happy about me leaving though. Through out the next 6 to 8 weeks, I have to go over social skills with my kids. This week and next week we are covering Problem Solving. I thought I would have a hard time getting them to listen, but I didn't. They were so into today's activities of acting out different scenarios and discussing steps that they about freaked when I said I was leaving at 5. I have to say that I was proud of myself for making it interesting enough for them and I just pray that I do the same on the other topics.
Shawn seemed to have a good day at school. He is excited about starting Fire Arms on Monday. He doesn't work again until Thursday.
Yucky, I just heard on the news that we probably are not going to get rain until spring. But hopefully they are wrong! Isn't it sad that for once I am praying that the weather people are wrong. Half of the kids today at work were in summer clothes. Shorts, Skirts, and sandals at the beginning of January. I would like to wear my winter clothes. It is so dry and kind of miserable. What I mean by miserable is that I don't think my skin has ever been this bad. Shawn and I have a humidifier that we use, but I don't know how much help that is doing now. At first it seemed to help, but now I seem to wake up with headaches all of the time now. Like this morning at 6 I had a horrible headache. I took some aspirin grabbed an ice pack and went back to bed. It was my first time using an ice pack but it seemed to help a lot. I guess we are lucky here in Amarillo right now that we have not had any huge damaging fires like other places. I think there were a couple of grass fires today. But thank goodness the wind was not as bad as Sunday. Sunday the wind was blowing 40 to 60 mph. non exaggerating there. It was crazy outside. When I was taking Shawn to work there were a few of motorhomes with trailers pulled over on I40. I was having such a hard time driving that I ended up taking a different way home than I40. Well now I am just rambling on. I think I am going to call it a night.


Toodles~

ps my b-day is in 16 days :)

8 comments:

The Skogens said...

I'm so glad y'all had a good day. Ours wheren't bad either finally.
Love ya

OMH said...

How funny is it that a dog that has allowed Shawn to carry her is afraid of heights!

Red will come around I'm sure - thanks for posting :).

Anonymous said...

You know in Florida we don't have dry skin, I know, because when I go to different parts of the country mine dries out and I have to spend lots of money on lotions. I guess the moral is, move to Florida with us and your skin will be fine!

PS, I'm with Minnie, heights are for the birds!

Anonymous said...

Nope, Florida is not the place for me to live. I like winter and wearing sweaters.

OMH said...

I'm wearing a sweater today - so there ;).

We have found some great lotion for Randy if only I could remember what it was called.....sorry. I'll look next time we're on the phone.

Anonymous said...

But you don't have snow or 30 degree weather.

OMH said...

And this is bad HOW?

Anonymous said...

because there is no snow. Snow can be fun!